PDA

View Full Version : Games you're currently playing.

Fee1
2009-03-20, 04:54
I'm playing through Panzer Dragoon Orta again. It's one of the prettiest games I've played. After that, I feel like I'll be in the mood for a JRPG, despite not liking JRPGs. Haven't decided which one I'm going to play, though.

How 'bout you, what are you playing?

Byproduct
2009-03-20, 09:37
I like immersive single-player games with a good story. Bioshock is currently in my to-do list.

Random tip: if you've played Deus Ex, try the Malkavian mod. It made me laugh out loud a few times. Can be found here: http://plaza.ufl.edu/dmitrid/rnd/

And here's a youtube wid from a part of it, just to show what it's like. Don't watch it all the way through if you're going to play it, so you won't get spoiled. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrxhtip7btA

Sir Garbagetruck
2009-03-20, 17:50
Holy crap, someone ELSE likes Panzer Dragoon Orta. Well I just like Panzer Dragoon, and Orta is just brilliant...

I am addicted to Animal Crossing. I'll just say that right now and get it out of the way.

I play Global War on Haciend (haciend.bbs.fi , via telnet or www) and we need more players. Also please use the message bases (:

I just finished Psychonauts, it was a great game. I also love world of Goo.

I am making a (many) demo(s) and do not have time for games. Thus I have not finished playing Final Fantasy Tactics DS or Final Fantasy Tactics Advance or Bangai-O Spirits.

And of course Paradroid.

Dumper
2009-03-20, 22:24
I'm currently playing Lost Odyssey, I've owned it for 10 months but just got around to it. Overall it's a pretty good JRPG, I'm about 12 hours into it and it has an interesting story so far.

AndyM77
2009-03-21, 01:41
I've been mostly playing GTAIV (PC version) since before Christmas, completed it quite a few times now, just trying to get as many "Achievements" as I can. :D

I'm not much of a gamer these days, guess that can happen as you get older :eek: :(

fnordpojk
2009-03-21, 02:31
The last game I played was Tetris. Before that, World in Conflict (which is a great game). Before that, Doom II.

Yeah, I'm oldschool like that.

fac
2009-03-21, 09:55
Barry McGuigan World Championship Boxing for C64, Supertuxkart and Nox. Just to keep the old school trend going

PsychNerD
2009-03-21, 20:29
Burnout Paradise for X360, I own the game since a year but Criterion keeps on adding new content and big features....

Fee1
2009-03-21, 22:05
Haha, yeah, ain't it great that console games can finally get updates and DLCs like PC games do? Took them long enough!

stormer
2009-03-26, 10:18
Fallout 3 and Neocron 2 are the only ones I think. Not much time to play games :)

Fee1
2009-03-27, 17:31
Oh man, I just got done with a Fallout 3 binge. Like forty hours in two weeks. Burnt myself out on it before The Pitt was released.

I've plowed through PDO, and have started playing through Okami again. Guess who can't afford new games? This guy!

InnerNova
2009-03-27, 23:43
StarFox/StarWing on the SNES. Yes, still. Been playing for... *counts * ...seventeen years now, and that game still blows my mind every time I play it. One of the best shooters around. Too bad it's no longer considered canon...I liked it better than StarFox 64/Lylat War. Right now I'm also replaying StarFox Assault, and StarFox Command. Can you tell I like this series? :rolleyes: Other than that, I play RTS games on occasion, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War being one of my favorites. Truthfully, though, I don't play games nearly as often as I used to, because college takes up nearly every waking minute now. :mad:

Dr-Duke
2009-08-10, 17:04
Just stumbled across this thread. (shame on me)

Well actually I don't play that much these days. But if I do it's still "Battlefield 1942" (online) with the "DC Final" Addon nowadays... whilst listening to SceneSat Radio. http://board.zwergenbinge.de/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

Good fun! http://board.zwergenbinge.de/images/smilies/icon_thumbleft.gif

Brigane
2009-09-25, 16:58
Tales of Monkey Island: The Siege Of Spinner Cay
Bioshock
Wolfenstein :D

Dumper
2009-09-26, 21:59
Currently playing Far Cry 2 on the 360, a pretty good game.

Mordi
2009-10-06, 01:45
I play Halo 3 a bunch. Been meaning to get back into Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, though.

Byproduct
2009-10-06, 05:16
Just finished Ur-Quan Masters. That's a remake of Star Control II, one of the best games ever made, if not the best. I started playing it again to record a few speech samples, but once I was done with the recording, I couldn't just stop, had to play through it again. I now must've played SC2 through around 5–10 times.

Ziphoid
2009-10-06, 21:05
In-between all coding and work I actually manage to squeeze in an hour of Monkey Island or two. Atm I'm going through the Special Edition of The Secret of Monkey Island, but I have the rest of the series lined up...

Aaaaany year now... ;)

Mordi
2010-01-17, 18:49
Lately I have been playing a bunch of League of Legends (indeed, abbreviation becomes LoL), which is a free (no ads either!) DotA stand-alone game. I recommend it for those who like DotA and have some time on their hands. Each match last around 30-45 minutes, longest match I've played lasted 80! (http://lol-europe.com/)
I also bought Batman: Arkham Asylum the other day. It has gotten a lot of praise around the internets, so I decided to buy it. Definitely a stellar game. The presentation is just über-badass.

Dumper
2010-01-17, 21:35
Recently I completed Dead Space and Uncharted 1, both very good games. Now I'm giving Bully/Canis Canem Edit another go after playing it a few years ago.

Devlin
2010-01-17, 23:19
Tetris. For about 30 minutes every day. I average about 250 lines a game, and my record is currently 324 Lines.

hrist
2010-01-29, 01:53
I'm currently fascinated by VVVVVV, thanks to bittin who pointed it out. It's really fun and I don't mind dying 50 times at the same place, dunno, normally I'm not that calm with games :-) I'm thinking of buying it since I've only played a beta, or I think it's a beta, so far.

steph19
2010-02-04, 03:09
I'm a big Animal Crossing dork. I've had the DS one for almost a year and I just bought the Wii one a couple weeks ago so I can play online with some of my cousins. I alternate which I play every day.
I'm in the middle of Trine and World of Goo for PC...
Lego Batman on PS2 :D
And I play Left for Dead 2 on weekends

Morthoseth
2010-02-05, 13:20
Valkyrie Sky (kinda Tuohou mmo) and replaying Warhammer: Dawn of War II...

Infamous
2010-02-08, 23:40
Dantes inferno.. Its basically gods of war only slightly more biblical (and full of cutscenes every 2 seconds, boobage, the random poking of ladies in the lack of sunshine departments with deaths very own scyth and generally its quite alot of fun .. when im not playing that I go a bit oldschool and play metroid on the gamecube (using my wii) seeing as id completed all the others, it was only prime that eluded me and is STILL doing it now.. damned thing.

FunkyM
2010-03-11, 23:41
I noticed our very own 'Truck has taken to Gridrunner Revolution, the latest from Llamasoft. I've been playing that inbetween my second playthrough of Mass Effect 1.

Plus I've gone through a Metric ton of Cheap Steam games, how do they do it?

Mitch van Hayden
2010-03-14, 05:39
At the moment I play the brand new Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Also playing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare(Competitions/Clan) and Trackmania. And I'm beta testing Star Craft II. :)

Dr-Duke
2010-04-20, 22:51
When I have time, I fight my way through the Half-Life 2 Anthology atm.. Great fun! :) (Yeah, I'm an old fart)

Mordi
2011-01-11, 18:20
Still playing League of Legends, the free DotA-successor.

steph19
2011-02-09, 02:35
I'm completely addicted to Mass Effect 2 right now. It's so good!

addicted_to_c64
2011-03-01, 12:07
Fable III, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Arcania Gothic 4, Kingdom under Fire - Circle of Doom... all xbox 360 ;) can't stick forever to just one game...
But the one I love the most ist FableIII. Wonderful gfx :)

Infamous
2011-05-03, 02:02
Recently played Crysis 2 and completed it in one sitting.. bit disappointed with the ending but the main game itself was good and it had plenty of "oh for god sake WHY ME!" moments in it to keep me happy, not particular to the multiplayer the use of the suit's invisible mode makes it more a predator simulator than anything else and it loses an edge with that, but others seem to be enjoying it.

Battlefields bad company got a replay the other day too, keep going back to that game and can't begin to describe how much im looking forward to BF3 .. never been a big fan of the COD games and I know these are similar in content I dunno what it is about the Battlefield games that please me so much but they do.

And finally quite a fair bit of need for speed shift 2 simply because nowhere else am i going to be allowed to jump into a veyron and then mess about with its downforce so much that it becomes a drift vehicle unless I win the euro millions.. at least 4 times in a row.... that and its quite fun being shouted at by 12 year olds immediately after fishtailing them straight into a wall :-)

Mr.Swede
2011-06-16, 10:30
At the moment it's Civilization V that got me hooked. Relapses to Crysis and Half-Life 2 sometimes, mostly because of the graphics, feeling and the atmosphere