PDA

View Full Version : The community says NO to PARALAX!

Ziphoid
2009-07-06, 14:39
There we go. The community has had enough. Manuel Sehrbrock, a.k.a. PARALAX, owner of radio-paralax.de has gone beyond reason for the last time and the community won't take it anymore. For more info regarding the matter, follow the links below.

C64Audio, Remix64, AmigaRemix and SceneSat statement (http://www.remix64.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=79920#p79920)
SLAY Radio statement (http://www.remix64.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6900)
Overall havoc (http://www.remix64.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6869)
Radio PARALAX (http://www.radio-paralax.de/)

Fee1
2009-07-06, 18:02
Yeah, ya all have been patient with him long enough. Some people man, they just don't get it. This guy sounds like a total spaz, too. I doubt he'll learn his lesson, though. I'm sure he'll start some new bullshit now that people have had it with him.

Dumper
2009-07-06, 21:55
Now it's my turn to have a party. :)

Amok
2009-07-07, 07:15
I'm really sorry for the rest of the RP community but the behaviour of Paralax can't be longer tolerated. He gets what he deserves.

addicted_to_c64
2009-07-07, 20:25
I haven't been into the whole thing and I don't know what all he has done before...

I've been here for something about 2 months now and I'm really annoyed by P. already...

Can't imagine how patient you all must have been the last years...

@ Dumper: may I join your party?! ;)

Dr-Duke
2009-07-07, 23:07
Talked to him here and there during his start of RP.Also got bothered and harassed for 1-2 years. Then I followed Kenneths & Johns suggestion and just ignored him. And it worked very well. Until today.

As I do not follow all the scene stuff going on I didn't took notice of what he has done recently... my respect to the whole community for beeing able to be that kind.
"And no Manuel, don't complain - I've read & heard enough!"

Like Andreas says: "He gets what he deserves" ;)

So please, Chris, shoot!
Need a fund? ;)

Amok
2009-07-07, 23:19
His attendance in the SSR-IRC some minutes ago was a real hightlight in my short "retro career".... :)

Dr-Duke
2009-07-08, 22:05
For everyone who was not involved or have read: What happend?

Firefox
2009-07-10, 09:56
Why can't he just crawl back under wich stone he came from? Why? Whyyyyyyy?

I have been following his crusade from a distance and I think it's just sad that he will go down in history this way.

Some are born winners and some are born loosers. Some shouldn't have been born at all :D.....

Nuff said!

Byproduct
2009-07-11, 00:18
Ouch. It must've taken quite an effort, managing to piss off a community as hospitable as this one. http://www.phnet.fi/public/juhgu/s/frown.gif Well, hope that's the end of that.

SoDa7
2010-10-07, 12:51
I did read this issue...

Well, it doesn't surprise me really, I know lots of people like him: arrogant and nasty.
The only thing to be did is to ignore that one.

Zuse
2012-05-16, 18:21
What kind of pathetic thread is this? It is just not appropriate to bitch about a person which you don't know and never knew from face to face, isn't it? I know the people from Radio Paralax personally since many years and regardless from this very doubtful campaign copied from another website, Scenesat should lead by example. What I discover here is the exact opposite.:mad: Sad enough that there are still people around who never get this. To be exact, I really feel sorry for people like that!

Ziphoid
2012-05-16, 22:11
@Zuse: I'll make this reply quite short but I do want to give you a reply (even though you might not read it at all). First, to clarify one thing - this thread is old. Almost 3 years old. Second, get all the facts before you start attacking things and people randomly. There is nothing doubtful about this 'campaign', since it's completely based on Manuels behavior, both on the net and in person. Multiple people in these communities have gotten to experience his acts, ranging between various (and some even quite threatful) methods of 'terror', therefor, this thread had its purpose. As stated in the first post, this was a joint statement between the aforementioned sites and communities and thus we included a post here about it as well.

However, this was before. As said, almost 3 years ago. No need to dig into the past. What has happened has already happened and we can not change that. I'm happy to see that the Radio PARALAX community is alive and does its thing, as long as it focuses on that point. I've met Manuel a bunch of times in person and the last time was last August, at the Evoke party in Cologne. I'm glad to see that he is aiming his energy towards something constructive instead of - as it was in the case of this thread - VERY destructive ways of communication towards other people. With that, I wish him all the best in his future RP endeavors but we still will go our path while they can go theirs. Nothing more to be said, really.

Also, I do understand your view of things, but even though you know the people of the RP community, you have not experienced them like I have - or like some of the other people that was part of this, which means that it's completely impossible for you to see things from our end, which is why I wanted to respond to this at all.

Either way, I won't bother with spending more time at this than what I just have since it's an unnecessary outlet of energy that I could use to do something constructive instead. :)

What kind of pathetic thread is this? It is just not appropriate to bitch about a person which you don't know and never knew from face to face, isn't it? I know the people from Radio Paralax personally since many years and regardless from this very doubtful campaign copied from another website, Scenesat should lead by example. What I discover here is the exact opposite.:mad: Sad enough that there are still people around who never get this. To be exact, I really feel sorry for people like that!

Zuse
2012-05-17, 16:27
Well, thanks for this clarification. It's quite curious to discover such threads which absolutely don't fit to the person you've met some days before. I don't know what happened at the time and I don't have to know it in detail. However I think that people could change and certainly it takes at least two parties leading to a conflict like this. I met Manuel several times in Bochum and last time in Oberhausen on saturday. I think he did a great job with his staff. Personally I prefer to listen both stations as they've similar content. So reading threads like this annoy me a bit, as such hostilities are harmful for the fanbase at last. Everyone has their own little idiosyncrasies and finally a cooperation would be a lot of promoting for all. Anyway, keep it up with your shows. I love it!:)

Ziphoid
2012-05-17, 16:39
Diversity is what's best for everyone so I'm glad to hear that you enjoy both stations since they (and other similar stations as well) fill their respective purposes. :) Keep enjoying them both, and others as well. :)

Well, thanks for this clarification. It's quite curious to discover such threads which absolutely don't fit to the person you've met some days before. I don't know what happened at the time and I don't have to know it in detail. However I think that people could change and certainly it takes at least two parties leading to a conflict like this. I met Manuel several times in Bochum and last time in Oberhausen on saturday. I think he did a great job with his staff. Personally I prefer to listen both stations as they've similar content. So reading threads like this annoy me a bit, as such hostilities are harmful for the fanbase at last. Everyone has their own little idiosyncrasies and finally a cooperation would be a lot of promoting for all. Anyway, keep it up with your shows. I love it!:)