PDA

View Full Version : SceneSat Staff - Launch Show - 20090207 20:00CET

Ziphoid
2009-02-07, 17:12
Welcome to the official launch show! More info will follow...

Dumper
2009-02-07, 21:12
Listening now. :)

powertrace
2009-02-07, 21:49
Good luck with the lift off, listening now :D
This will be fun :D

FunkyM
2009-02-07, 23:38
Listened, loved, Scenesat is Good! :)

Ic3m4n
2009-02-08, 01:48
Loved the launch show. Very entertaining and a lot of great tracks! Will drop by tomorrow and download the show :D ...itīs a must-have.

Cheers

am-fm
2009-02-08, 02:26
yeah, was really nice ;)
keep up the good work :)

mZerod
2009-02-08, 03:16
Most excellent. Good work all around.

Calador
2009-02-08, 09:50
That was a great launch show. I am very happy that the satelite has officially been launched now.

My comp even stayed alive longer than I expected, but after 4h40m it finally decided to take a break. Gonna have to catch the rest of the show on download.

Congratulations to the staff on a great radio station.

ctrix
2009-02-08, 10:09
I think I missed it! :-o Will have to track it down and listen in the future. Are you guys setting up somekind of "historical shows" archive?

makke
2009-02-08, 10:22
Ach! Sorry I missed the grand opening lads, but I was feeling rather under the weather last night - seems I've been more or less under the weather all winter. :(

Will grab the downloadable version and have a listen though!

moog
2009-02-08, 10:40
Big success, congrats to whole staff and thanks! Looking forward to upcoming regular shows ! :D

MaxHall
2009-02-08, 12:53
Enjoyed watching u guy's last night, was a good show! looks like u had a laff..
All the best in Future.

Max Hall

www.nauticdive.com (http://www.nauticdive.com)

Kingsize30
2009-02-08, 13:04
congratulations. the launch show was absolutly amazing! :D
can't wait to download and listen again.

ps: moog's last ninja 3 remix is awesome! :eek:

Max Levin
2009-02-08, 13:34
I had to bail out about an hour or so into the show(my neighbour has discovered Piratebay*) lag doesn't please my ears.
I was supposed to attend aswell, but job go into the way. Sigh. Here's a pic I made to cheer me up:
http://maxlevin.diinoweb.com/files/webcam.jpg

*That rat has also discovered how to play drums on tables. Why do we let neighbours live?:mad:

Gulrak
2009-02-08, 13:52
Damn, that was a great start! Such a fine lineup of great and exclusive tracks, and it was goot to see you all again, even if it was only on webcam.

A big thanks to the whole staff making this possible!

Looking forward to the upcomming shows!

Peter W
2009-02-08, 14:00
Thanks for a great show! Me and Orre had a great time. Congrats to the scenesat staff. Finally the wait is over :p

Cerve
2009-02-08, 14:13
I've listened the show entirely. A lot of exclusive tracks, the record is broken!
Only Zyphoid make it possible!!!!
I'm waiting for next shows.

Thanks.

Andersson
2009-02-08, 17:11
Awesome show! A bit too short though ;)

Infamous
2009-02-08, 19:30
Aye was a great show and i really enjoyed chatting to you all on IRC And look forward to more live shows :-)

the_jinx
2009-02-08, 20:17
Great show you guys.
Really enjoyed it.

Can't wait for the 'regular' shows !!

Thanks guys !

o2
2009-02-08, 20:38
Loved every part of it.
Thank you all.

//The dishwashingmachine swapper ( or however its spelled)

o2
2009-02-08, 20:40
To bad the webcams screwed up when i beat Andreas in armwrestling!

// o2

fnordpojk
2009-02-08, 23:52
Thanks so much to everyone who made the launch a success!

We've spent a lot of time, money and hard work on this the last few months, and even though I and the others might have wished to be a little farther along at the launch, I think we've gotten a lot done. You'll be seeing a lot of new features and cool stuff in the coming months.

Thank you all for betatesting, contributing music/ideas/help/donations/etc, hanging out on IRC, spreading the word around the net and in RL and in general helping us making the dream come true.

Byproduct
2009-02-09, 00:54
'twas a good show. :)

Ziphoid
2009-02-09, 00:56
Yes, I concur with fnordpojk with all the thanx and stuff. There is still a lot of work to do, but at least we're on our way now. :)

I've updated the first post of this thread with the playlist for the show and it will be available for download tomorrow, since we're fixing some EQ:ing issues. :)

Thank you all for being a part of this! :)

Mordi
2009-02-09, 00:57
Great show.
Standout tracks for me were Firestorm's Commando, Liljedahl's The Crossing and Moog's Last Ninja 3, although every one of the tracks were awesome (except for maybe one :p) Hehe.

Subzero
2009-02-09, 15:17
The launch show was simply fantastic guys!!! Excellent work by all, so many Xclusives it was amazing!!!!! :D

moog
2009-02-09, 16:55
yeah! the show is downloadable, ... at last.. going to download it right away! :)

Sir Garbagetruck
2009-02-09, 18:30
I do believe we can call this launch a 'success.'

A tiny bit from behind the scenes: before, after, and long after the show was launched, folks were looking at feedback, tweaking the site, fixing bugs, looking at ways to improve it - and being genuinely excited about it.

Which was great to see, even if I was unable to participate in this due to the stupid flu.

In short: Keep participating! That's what it's about. Your participation keeps us going - and of course that's why the demoscene works as well. Everyone's participation in the demoscene causes others to become motivated, or excited, or ... well it keeps things changing and exciting (:

Amok
2009-02-09, 19:53
Excellent launch show, dudes. Congrats to the whole SceneSat staff. You guys are doing a great job... Thank you... :)

Brigane
2009-02-09, 22:53
The show was exellent performed.. I can't emagine what the future might bring this glorious project. I simply gotta have this show on my hard drive so that I can always listen to the first show from scenesat :D

Thanks John we luv ya :)

z5
2009-02-09, 23:14
Just a quick question: i seem to remember that all the tunes from the launch event would be downloadable on march 1st. But i can't find this info anymore on the site. Instead, i noticed that the show can be downloaded allready. Is this the show with or without the commentary? There were some great tunes in there so i'd love to give this another listen but preferable without commentary.

I seem to hear a lot of newschool tunes (a lot of trance dance inspired stuff) on scenesat. So i was wondering: what is the main purpose of scenesat? I suppose it will never play oldschool stuff like for example old amiga tunes? I'm just wondering as i seem to have difficulty in placing scenesat.

Dimmi
2009-02-09, 23:14
Wicked !!

Thanks everyone for making that excellent show !
Thank you John and the rest of the staff for letting me be a part of this :)
If I could contribute some more I would but my skills are limited to making
mayhem and general destruction with my guitar.

Great to see so many people tuning in and drop by for a chat in the IRC channel.
Bye for now but we'll probably see more of each other in the future.

Ps. Thanks to Sir Garbagetruck for nagging me about demos and showing
some really awesome demos at that, gave me a BIG boost in the
motivation department. Ds.

Ziphoid
2009-02-10, 02:39
Just a quick question: i seem to remember that all the tunes from the launch event would be downloadable on march 1st. But i can't find this info anymore on the site. Instead, i noticed that the show can be downloaded allready. Is this the show with or without the commentary? There were some great tunes in there so i'd love to give this another listen but preferable without commentary.

I seem to hear a lot of newschool tunes (a lot of trance dance inspired stuff) on scenesat. So i was wondering: what is the main purpose of scenesat? I suppose it will never play oldschool stuff like for example old amiga tunes? I'm just wondering as i seem to have difficulty in placing scenesat.
Hey z5. Yes, the full compilation will be available for download without our yapping on March 1st.

The reason why you ONLY heard new tracks on the opening show was the simple fact that we asked the artist to help out and they did. I mean, how often do you get to hear 55 new, exclusive, never before heard tracks in one show? Not often, that's for sure. We will of course play new stuff AND the good old 0ldsk00l tracks as well. Heck, I'm an old Amiga scener myself and I love the old stuff as well as the new, which most of us do, so in short - yes, there'll be more oldskool tracks played, but also a lot of the new.

To explain what we're all about would take some time, so I'll leave that for a bit laters, since I have to go to bed now. :)

// Ziph

z5
2009-02-10, 12:58
Looking forward to the compilation!!

Anyhow, keep up the great work. It will be interesting to see how scenesat will evolve in the future.

Sir Garbagetruck
2009-02-10, 14:00
Hey Z5 (:

I suppose from my perspective, scenesat is going to evolve and become something different; and that will be dictated a bit by what we all put into it.

But _my_ main concern right now is getting rid of the whole 'scene music as a genre' label that some folks have. Some folks equate 'scene music' with 'dance music' or 'eurotrance' or the like, and as you know, it's not.

Yeah we have a LOT of dance music. And a lot of good dance music. But is that the ONLY thing we want? heck no.

Of course, I'm somewhat known (now, you'll remember when I was VIOLENTLY anti-dune, what a butthead I was then) for liking some _extremely_ odd stuff. Elvis Egan Indian (: Altemark's "Property is Theft." Dune's 'Nang.' Stuff 'Crud' did before quitting due to bad comments (something I'd like to be SURE we don't encourage. Negativity kills creativity (if allowed to breed.) )

So yeah, what ARE we trying to do? Show the music of the ENTIRE scene. And as such, we'll have some popular shows, which will end up with 'dance' music sometimes, and 'favorites.' And then there will be some shows which show the breadth of the demoscene. And ... well, I'm open for suggestions as to how to show the _demoscene_ more effectively.

One thing (and some folks will be somewhat upset by this) that may actually be concerning here for some folks is the 'c64 remixy' part of the site. Yes, we have a lot of c64 remixers involved. That's cuz we're friends - but they ALSO do other things. Including scenemusic. But we want to show much more than just c64 remixes (and Amiga remixes - heck, I'd love to hear some remixes of some Atari tracks, like 'Akira vs Sangoku' by Jess) or some of the Russian Speccy stuff that ElfH has played - actually those originals are great, but it's difficult to broadcast a LOAD of them because of the issue of '8 bit YM sounds very harsh' (sid sounds harsh to those not used to it, apparently. I wouldn't know (: )

But even MORE than that, I'd like to see a load more ORIGINAL compositions. I mean, that's the stuff of legends there (:

We'll also show scene musicians in their other projects that they'd like to promote as well. I do believe PS has promised beers at any party to any radio that plays tracks from Enough Records. Well, I was gonna do that BEFORE the beer offer anyway (: Note that I said 'that they'd like to promote' - we're gonna work WITH folks, asking, and so on. If someone doesn't want something promoted for whatever reason - we're not gonna go against their wishes.

So yes. The idea is to remain scene CENTRIC, but absolutely NOT to duplicate any other radios out there like Nectarine or Bitjam. Instead, we want to promote the scene, encourage people's participation, and create a community where folks can, if wished, find support for their demo related projects (and other creative endeavors if they're not directly related to the scene, such as if someone were to, for example, make needlepoint jackets from demoscene pictures.)

Right now, we're excited (and that shows a bit in our responses) - but we are going to need feedback to make this happen. So. Feedback time! (: (Course it's ALWAYS feedback time.)

Sir Garbagetruck
2009-02-11, 15:12
Say, we had a discussion about cue sheets... and I seem to recall something about 'automatically making one' tho I may have been out of it due to the flu.

Is there a cuesheet generator thingie?

Cuz, I would like one for use with rockbox.

Ziphoid
2009-02-11, 16:56
Not yet. I still have to format the output. I'm on it, though. :)

dafunk
2009-02-11, 18:00
couldn't join the live show had to travel to different city (jobwise), but i want to congratulate on the successfull liftoff! :) hope to see and speak to you all soon...

fnordpojk
2009-02-12, 23:09
Elvis Egan Indian (:

Lizardking's Elvis Egen Indian is actually one of my favorite Lizardking tracks, because I have such great memories from a demoparty where that was played constantly for three days (well, that and daxx's 95 raver's megamix..). :D

Ziphoid
2009-02-23, 02:46
So, I couldn't keep myself away from it... I've re-edited the launch show, replacing the tracks and made it all sound way better than the original recording.

Go to the archive (http://scenesat.com/archive) and re-download it to enjoy it more how it should have sounded.

bittin
2009-03-02, 07:30
And now we are Launched :D