Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Nope, I don't feel like hearing this at all right now...
*hmmm* Well, I don't have to switch off, but I'm not raising the volume either...
Yes, this track fits my mood perfectly!
Current time: 2024-03-28 12:20
35 listeners from 15 countries.
T-101 - Current [03:31]
|
Hazel - I Feel The Wind Beneath My Wings [04:45] at 12:22:45

Thread: Site updates...

New Site updates...

In case you haven't noticed, there has happened quite a lot on the site.

The left menu is gone, simply because we wanted to be able to utilize as much width as possible to actual content. The things that were in that menu are all relocated upwards on the site.

Also, the top menu is completely reorganized and there are more items to be put in there very shortly.

There has been numerous bugfixes and optimizations, but the biggest one is that the forum should now be running at full speed. It wasn't doing so before due to some unnecessary complex plugins I had created, but that's all sorted now.

Do not miss clicking your nickname up to the right when you are logged in, since you'll have the chance to tweak some settings of the site there.

If you find any peculiarities, don't hesitate to send us a comment via the forum or on IRC and we'll take a look at it.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you that if you experience any weirdness with the layout, try to refresh the page, clear the cache or similar measures before yelling about it. Ctrl-F5 is a good friend in Windows, for instance.
    A SceneSat Radio DJ and staffer | AmigaRemix and Remix64 head honcho

I really love the redesigned page. The "Next show" thingy fits perfectly into the Sputnik pic and the voting system moved to the top where its still unassuming doing its important work.

Good work Ziphoid and Staff!
    Last edited by Dr-Duke; 2009-04-26 at 22:36.

Controller

yes, losing that menu on the left has improved the flow of the site a lot.

Makes the forum browsing experience much easier.

And make the site look slicker, too.

Hi hi!

Dunno if this is the right place to ask about, but I just shoot.
    It's about the "Member label" everyone gets/has. I.e. John is "SceneSat Staff", I'm a "Junior Member", Fee1 already is a "Member" and so on...

Is there a list were someone can see all this "ranks" or is it -well- more of a suprise? (Like in most forums)

Cheerz,
    Sven

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Duke View Post
    Hi hi!

Dunno if this is the right place to ask about, but I just shoot.
    It's about the "Member label" everyone gets/has. I.e. John is "SceneSat Staff", I'm a "Junior Member", Fee1 already is a "Member" and so on...

Is there a list were someone can see all this "ranks" or is it -well- more of a suprise? (Like in most forums)

Cheerz,
    Sven
    This is not really what we have put our efforts into but apart from the obvious SceneSat Staff title, these are the default three different titles and the amount of posts needed to get there:

Junior Member 0 posts
    Member 30 posts
    Senior Member 100 posts

Ah! Ok!

Didn't know that. Thought there are more. Thx John!

So i just need to spam to become a senior member? Not that i would do that...
    A SceneSat Radio listener | AmigaRemix 3rd class noob remixer

http://amok.ziphoid.com/

Pill

Quote Originally Posted by Amok View Post
    So i just need to spam to become a senior member? Not that i would do that...
    *hehe* Isn't spamming in your nature?

Well, tbh, it's mostly a miss that these levels are still there, since it's a default feature of vBulletin. I don't really see the point of having such a label, since you can see how many posts people have made anyhoo, but now they're there so I guess we'll leave them be.