Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Nope, I don't feel like hearing this at all right now...
*hmmm* Well, I don't have to switch off, but I'm not raising the volume either...
Yes, this track fits my mood perfectly!
Current time: 2024-03-19 07:15
14 listeners from 8 countries.
|
Booster - Triple A [04:31] at 07:18:58
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Noir? You have pictures of the flowerpants, yes?

Default Hello...

Ok, here goes...Hello, I am Sven from Sweden. I started with computers way, way back in 1982! Here's some of the platforms i've used: ZX81, ABC80, Kompis, C64, Amiga500, Amiga1200 and since 1995, homemade PC's. I've had my nickname Mr.Swede since spring 1989 when I got the lovely A500. There seems to be a few copycats with the same nick but I'm the original Love the scene ofcourse. I did some graphics in the beginning before starting to code 68k-assembler. My first demoparty was the Spectre/NorthStar Halloweenparty in Trollhättan 1990.
    I still have my A500 and A1200 in the cellar and take them out sometimes for some REEAAAAL nostalgiatrips

Some words about me.. Found out about scene and scenemusic around 2002 - and since that i am nearly listening only to scenemusic, netlabeltunes or remixes I am living in Austria, i am 28 years old and really love to listen to music or watch demos all evening long

Hey hey hey,

I'm Nikolaos, or Nikkoz on IRC, nice to meet you all *bows*

I got my C64 in the late 80's, and since then I have always tried to make something creative out of computers, mostly programming, but in the bottom I was a kind of an all-rounder, interested in all of the disciplines.

Although I made some of the programming on a demo at a semi-big party over ten years ago, my relation to the demo scene has always been more or less as an observer, enjoying the art, technology and culture.

I have always been an avid NES fan boy, and listening to music, remixes and everything else that is related to that machine. A also spend some time making my own music, even though most of it never leaves my computer

For a living, I'm specializing in the field of programming, working on high end console games. I believe that socializing IRL is good and are also an chocolate addict (not so good).

Hi all

I got my first computer back in the late eighties, a C64. After that I got a A1200 in 1994 just when commodore went bankrupt. For several years I was certain that the Amiga would return and claim world dominance. As some might know that didn't happen. Today I sit happily in front of a laptop with changing Linux distributions.

I am not creative in any way. I have programmed a little but that is it. However I have a deep passion for music, and old computers (especially old computer games). I discovered Slayradio through the C64takeaway podcast that i stumpled upon when I searched for old C64 games. Since the Cozy corner was the best show on Slayradio it was natural to start listening to scenesat radio.

I guess I will never become truly involved in the scene, I will probably just join in from time to time and enjoy the work of some talented musicians.

Default Hai itz meeee

Hi,

first of all I'm not really a "scener", I just like the music, and some of the demos...

I'm a 20 year old male computer science student from Stuttgart, Germany.
    I'm volunteering in two student societies, which both provide teh Internetz to the dorms here in Stuttgart, and because of that I'm fairly familiar with linux networking and Ciscos IOS(basics, you know).

I'm responsible for the nfs, and a bigger Xen server, also I should rewrite the nagios configuration (service and host monitoring) but enough of the nerd stuff.

I like fantasy books, and besides the music on scenesat and SLAYRadio I also listen to metal and ebm.

And I hate writing introductions, so feel honored :P

greetz,
    hrist

Hi there, I call myself stupidfat. I first heard about SceneSat from the sidebar on slayradio, and I feel very lucky that I clicked on that link and proceeded to bask in the aural bliss. Great launch show! Haven't heard DHS' mix yet though I look forward to it.

As far as the scene goes I first heard about that through parentally unauthorized AOL subscriptions which gave me access to the internet. I have no clue how I stumbled on hornet and aminet shortly after that. If I make a futile effort at remembering back to 1995 clearly I'd have to say the first material that really wowed me came from dune; a jazzy beachside ballad kind of tune, and also a chiptune mod arrangement of the c64 Bruce Lee by an artist whose name I'll likely never remember. I think I found them by d/l'ing the highest rated songs one by one.

Shortly after, I saw some actual demos for pc/dos which conveniently was what I had running on my comp. Like many others, Future Crew's Second Reality hooked me, providing lots of chills and goosebumps especially during Skaven's tune.

Well let's see; Purple Motion was a member of Five Musicians, whose music I devoured. Basehead more than the others. And the rest of what I know of the scene sprang from these origins.

That was 11 - 14 years ago. I've usually had a large chunk of scene material stored on an hd somewhere. On a side note I've owned and used for gaming a c64 equpped with uncle - supplied boxes of warez since the age of three, which of course locked the sid into my brain. I credit c64 remixers and slayradio for reawakening my interest in the last two years.

I'm Fee1, I'm some guy who's an amateur sound designer. I like rally racing and hockey, somedays I think I should move to Finland because they seem to like rally racing and hockey too.

Talking

I'm andr00, from the United States of Aaaaaaagh. When left alone with nothing to do, I write programs (this is also my job, please don't tell them I do it for fun).

My dad brought home the first computer I ever saw when I was 6 years old. It was a Compaq Portable, and I was allowed to type in GWBasic programs that drew (green) things, erased them, and drew them again. At that point I decided I was going to do that for the rest of my life.

Later I got my own computer, a C64. It made extremely awesome noises, which I recorded on cassettes so I could listen to them all the time.

In a few years my dad told me about this new computer being developed called the Amiga, and I saved money to buy one. There was hardly any software available for it at the local stores, so I had to buy imported European Amiga magazines with software included on floppy disks. Some of these disks contained strange graphics and sound things called "demos"...

At that point I got Aegis Sonix and DPaint III. Then I found OTHER ways of getting software and mysteriously got ahold of things like ST and some much higher quality demos. I wrote music for years, and made animations, but never had any contact with other scene people - at least, not that I knew of, I just watched their productions when they finally made it to Hawaii via BBS.

Fast forward to 2008. I went to my first demoparty (NVScene) and realized I was sitting on my hands. Now I am making my first production for release in the whirlwind of Breakpoint 2009.

I heard about Scenesat via my friend Truck, who I had known for several years before someone told me that he liked demos too. This was more than a little surprising.

one day Abby says to me when I was discussing mods (which I had/have an extensive collection of) "of course Andr00 has mods as well, he has a SIDstation")

and I went

"whut?"

It's one of those things where I can't find sceners who are living next door to me, or people I'm talking to on a regular basis.

Anyway, somehow, I managed to not talk incessantly to Andr00 about demos and Amigas and so on. Neither of us have any idea how this happened. I think it's partially because everyone who knows both of us is NOT in contact with ANY OTHER PERSON who knows us. It sort of goes like this

truck
    / / | \ \
    A B C D E
    \ \ | / /
    Andr00

where the lines are how the connections go. A does not know B, C, D, or E.

This is wierd and one of the bizzarre things that happen around Andr00 and myself.

I fully believe that this year at Breakpoint we're going to find out that my uncle and aunt who lived in Hawaii were his neighbors.

(These are the same aunt and uncle who, when I told them about Breakpoint in Bingen, said:
    "OH! WE LOVE BINGEN! It's such a lovely wine area, that area, and they have the best wine tasting rooms"
    and I went
    "dot dot dot wow I was not expecting that")
    Last edited by Sir Garbagetruck; 2009-03-04 at 20:45. Reason: proportional edit yay also I guess I have to hit 'save'

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast