Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Nope, I don't feel like hearing this at all right now...
*hmmm* Well, I don't have to switch off, but I'm not raising the volume either...
Yes, this track fits my mood perfectly!
Current time: 2024-03-19 05:29
16 listeners from 11 countries.
|
XyCe - suaire de turin [03:42] at 05:30:30
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

My name is Liviu from Craiova, Romania.
    Last edited by Firefox78; 2009-03-05 at 02:38.

I am young guy who likes demos and the whole scene. I bet no one knows me expect Sir GarbageTruck, because I haven't really been anywhere. Well this is too hard to think of anything about me so I just end this post here.

From the USA, name's Samuel, or just Sam. I learned of the demoscene's existence only recently, and I know nothing about music production or coding, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested. I'm here to listen, browse the forums, and maybe actually learn something.

I think I would credit the SNES for my love of computer music. Games like StarFox and Super Nova came with excellent soundtracks, but I was also raised around classical music. I currently listen to anything from Baroque to heavy metal, hymns, Christian contemporary, EBM, industrial, trance, and orchestral pieces. For some reason, though, I don't tend to listen to anything that's too popular - many of my favorite artists are quite obscure.

I've had many nicknames over the years, but most of them came from my gaming experience. It seems no matter what I play, I tend to behave as a Berserker, going wild and charging hard, and I sometimes take defeat too seriously when challenging other players. Since MechWarrior, I've most often been called BloodyWolf or some variation of it, and that definitely reflects my personality when I play. But, many other people use the same name or a similar one, so I came up with InnerNova just recently in an effort to create a name that is uniquely identifiable and used by no one else. It will still probably change, since I never seem to stick with a name for very long.

That's all there is to my past... My favorite activities include reading sci-fi novels, drawing in my sketch pad, building with Lego, playing video games, going backpacking in the wilderness, and of course, listening to music. I also like meeting interesting people, and it definitely looks like there are a few here. See you guys around the forums, then.

Rainbow

HED, 23, from France.
    I discovered demoscene music in 1995. Became a fan since this day ! I've never been really involved in the scene but here's my story anyway :

I began tracking my own music in 1998 (Some of my tracks were avaliable on the old Traxinspace.). And I began teaching the basics of ModPlug Tracker / demoscene music history to my friends (wrote tutorials & articles).
    In the 2000s I did my fair share of webdesigning and graphics competitions. If anyone remembers the Modarchive banner contest in 2001 - mine was one of the finalists

I'm currently working in the military field as developer. In my free time, I try to program my own games & implement my own graphics and tracked music.

I never been to a demoparty it's something I'd really like to do. Will certainly attend Dreamhack summer with my gamer friends

So hello everyone ! And congrats to Scene Sat project ! I'll be happy to hang there and keep the flame alive with you guys.

Heart

Recently I was ask by Ziphoid wether I'm already registered here which I definetely wasn't. This acciunt should be the living proof now but it's not the basic reason why I did it now.

On the one hand I want to refer in brief to a thread which I found here:

http://www.scenesat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151

I cannot judge wether this was an act of a lover or hater (if he was he obviously forget to type my name in caps) but I'm not interested in a teamwork any more although the topic isn't unjustified at all. I even talk with some people about this...long enough but I don't want it any more.

That's all for that. The other thing is that I mainly want to thank John for his exception he made for my friend "Micha" last sunday playing a song for his birthday. He ask me to forward this to him and I decided to do it here because I impute such things very highly.

It was a nice evening and I love the music. It also gives me inspirations and new ideas as well. I think I don't need to introduce myself more precisely here. All I wish is mutual respect in future which doesn't consist of some whispering I get to know sometimes, for example when I play songs from one of your samplers, getting wrong informations or an false song ID which wasn't my fault (thanks for the tip with FF 6).

Also I want to repeat once more that the door is still open for a handshake or just hanging around in the chat or forum. Remember that we also have an english section and most users are talking english too. I don't bite and you shouldn't do neither, even if you don't get sometimes what I want to say.

Have a nice day!

Just dropped to say hi.

I'm Kraku. I saw my first demos in the late 80s on a C64. That's when I almost stopped playing games and spent most of my time watching demos. I started actually attending demo parties somewhere in the early nineties.

I've written music most of my life (started in the elementary school). First I wrote stuff with a cheap ass Yamaha PSR-36 but then a friend showed me the SoundTracker. Later I used ScreamTracker 2.x. After that FT2 and then I moved on to HW synths. Around 2003 I went software only and a year ago to a hybrid setup of SW & HW. It's left to be seen how my setup mutates in the upcoming years.
    Misspellers of the world, unit!

Hi,

my name is Andreas a.k.a. Amok. Im 33 years old and living in Germany. I have a wife and a 4 years young son who seems to be kinda talented for music...

I never was a part of the demoscene. Although i always loved the demos and intros on the C64 and Amiga. I made some modules on the Amiga 500 with the famous Noise-/ Star-/ and ProTracker but nothing worth to be released or summat. When i was 16 or 17 years old i stopped to make music and in 2008 i restarded accidentally because i stumbled over the MadTracker. It reminds me of the good old Amiga-Trackers...

I made some remixes on RKO and AmigaRemix but nothing serious so far. Im happy to be a small part of "da Scene" and meet some peeps at the SceneSat-IRC, talking shit and so on...

Greetings

"Keep da Scene alive!!!!"...

Since my english isn't the best, i will reduce this to just some facts

i was never a member of a group, but was always interested in creating things since i can remember...especially in making musix & grafix. found my way to the "Ziph-Net" (SceneSat, SLAY-Radio and so on...) via "Google": April 2008 i finished my first C64 remix and searched for a place to get some useful comments...i found RKO, uploaded my remix and began to love the people floating around there. then i discovered all the other nice sites connected. Now i am here...and i will stay a while, if ya don't mind

Cheers !
    « time will change everything »

Righto then, Best go about introducifyin' meself, I spose...

Name: Simon J. Broome (Not just another Rocky and Bullwinkle joke)
    Nationality: British English
    Systems Owned: C16/Plus4, C64, Amiga A600, Amiga A1200, Nintendo 64, PC (of course)
    Other info: I first got a computer to improve my co-ordination skills, so that I could improve my Handwriting. 20 years later, any I still handwrite in spidery scrawl, but What I write is at least interesting to read. (I hope!) I got into the C64 kinda late ('89/'90), moved up to the Amiga, grabbed an A1200 in the brief period after Escom Bought out Commodore, Eventually saw the writing on the wall, and it was time to go to the PC, and the whole damn world followed.

Favourite C64 Demo: The next demo to use the Vicious SID Routines and VIC Plasmas. But until then, Second Reality 64 and Desert Dream 64. (Yeah, I know, but they're still awesome)
    Favourite Amiga Demo:-
    ECS: Actually, ECS demos have damn Near Dried up of late, but the original Desert Dream is pretty good. Also JoEs (a raver classic).
    AGA: As of Writing, Nature/Traktor's "Jesus Christ Motocross" is the Punky standout for me.
    Favourite PC Demo: Of those I can play, AMMB's "Polytoxicowomane", and Napalmcore's "35mm" are awesome, and 35mm is pure summergroove . Also, I like MFX's Deities (and STS's Remix), Aithien, and Moron, FR-26, 30, and 41, (Which is why I've needed a new comp for the past 2 years) and Fairlight's Track one (Well most of it runs smooth enough). Of those I really *can't* Play, "Masagin", of course, and Cognoscere by MFX. Also, the next really breathtaking demo from anyone.
    Favourite Wild Demo: I have to pick *One*? Well, the one i put in my rotation of wildmovies most, is a little Prod called "Realtime Demo Wannabe", by Maxon.

Ending Comment: And remember... SHOOT OR DIE!!!

I just want to mention Jesus Christ Motorcross rules.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast