Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Current time: 2024-03-19 03:47
16 listeners from 11 countries.
DQ - The Seeker [03:57]
|
Binf - Simlife (Soundtrack) [02:31] at 03:52:42
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Name's Da1m0n. *chews on cigar and looks way cool*

OK, no, really, I'm just your average guy. Actually, not even that. :P

Found this place while googling for C64/Amiga-based radio stations to listen to in Winamp...and of course I just fell in love with the SceneSat stream. W00t!

I dunno what else to say about me...so...yeah. Happy 2012 btw!

Well, hello there everyone (waves to forum).

For some reason, I was admitted (winks at assembled readers). I answer most often online to Danie or Rainbowchazer; when writing, I'm Wordchazer. Offline and on, I'm FeliceMaggie's other half, co-opted into scene stuff because he is often at parties and meetings. Apart from Scenesat and demoscene/retrotech/digital arts, I dig electronica generally, especially Jarre and Oldfield, (Ziphoid, helloooooo, you're on my playlist!) cats, polar bears, words, proofreading and grammar, databases and addresses. Yes, I'm odd! I also enjoy watching compos, demos and all the effects, particularly fractals, Mandelbrot sets and fun stuff involving pixelated demos. I have a neat sideline in editing and freelance proofreading; my weekday work shuttles between insurance applications and invoicing for an academic publisher.

I write often and as much as possible, mainly retroscene, transport, travel and event reviews. My current publications include portfolios on websites Suite101 and Squidoo, a guest blog spot on RetroGT and both writing and, so I hear, Deputy Editor status on the newly launched RetroComputingNews, where my first article will appear shortly. (That's as soon as I can write it around the mound of editing and social life which I must negotiate in the next few days...)

And in the meantime, Felice has made supper so I should go and eat it...

Just another listener has landed on the satellite. Hello from germany! Keep up the good work. You're one of my favourite stations.

Hello all. I'm Holger from GDR. The same story told otherwise: A friend reached a copy of the mod tracker Creator to me in the early 90's. With a GUSpnpPro I penetrated digitracker a long time, followed by Buzz and now it's Reason. I wasnt a good musician and thats the reason I couldnt stop doing it. I was beginning tons of tracks, never finnished one of it for comercial releases. So if someone says it's a reedit of a song found at his homepage 5 years ago - no I'm still editing. My projects handle is aquacord. I never used a static personal handle, so aqu is a compromise till finding one. My coding skill is nothing worth to be proud of. Sure, I autodidacted in a lot of directions, so I know a little of everything. Solving problems is often a moodmaker in my case. I found the demo scene in spreaded exe files and when randomly loading files in the modtracker, looking for raw sample data. (:

I like the humor, the mood, the music, the internationalism, the independend free art of the demo scene. Scenesat is of course one of my favorite stations. I am an active alive sofa scener. : )

I feel it is time to introduce myself to the community with a proper introduction.

My name is Francis, alias is Sellbars. I was born and raised in Canada, and currently reside in British Columbia. Currently I am a high school student in the 12th year. Some interests I have include computers (such as hardware, software, troubleshooting), fitness, photography, and music.

I found SceneSat Radio through browsing high-fidelity streams that were 320kps and above from Tunein Radio. This happened to be the first 320kps radio I have ever tried, and soon felt strong attraction to the demoscene and the various genres hosted on the stream, such as Goa Trance, Psytrance, Ambient, New Age/Jazz, Chiptunes, C64 remixes, and more. I have used this stream far more often than any other stream (and no longer listen to anything else), and have enjoyed it since 2008, although I created a forum account in 2012 to start queuing tracks. I have then since voted on many tracks and commented (along with the mood voting), and enjoy queuing very old tracks or never played tracks on the rotational simply to vote and comment when given the time.

Some time after my first exposure of SceneSat Radio, I soon came into the Show Archives and started browsing them. I soon started listening to Ziphoid's Cozy Corners frequently (probably used reLive for all of them). I also ended up listening to both the SceneSat Volume 1 and 2 (in FLAC, of course), and thoroughly enjoyed them both. Probably the most desired tracks to queue on the rotational are the WIPs from Johan Krafft (mostly the piano based ones) and the very old tracks that appear greyed out.

A few small goals I have on SceneSat are listening to all the tracks (around 6,650), voting, and commenting on them all, being active in the community when possible, listening through all the shows that have been archived, having the whole rotational in some personal music library (not to forget, all the shows that are archived, or in a playlist if possible), and any other exclusive tracks not playable.

I hope that gives some more insight into who who I am, along other details. Thank you for reading

Hello everyone. I don't usually hand around on forums, but i thought I would come and check this out.

My names Joe, and I most commonly go by the name CanisCanine. I am a Artist who specializes in digital drawing/painting, as well as 3D modelling and Animation. I study video games development at University. I enjoy making prop models and scenes. I wouldn't mind trying my hands at a demo, i just don't know anyone.

I believe I found Scenesat about 5 ish years ago, about the same time I learnt about the demoscene. I stumbled upon it after trying to find C64 and Amiga music from demos i was watching. I couldn't figure out this site at all at the time, so I never came here very much and ended up on nectarine more often then not. It wasn't until the past year, or half a year that i started using SceneSat over nectarine. I still love nectarine and the people on there though and maybe i will use it more, but for the moment i'm not really looking for more Amiga/C64 stuff.

Anyway. I'm not really sure what else to really say about me, i don't think i'm really that interesting.

Hi:
    My name is Fernando Martín. I am Retrofan at the English Amiga Board too. I'm the developer of the AmiKit conversion that runs in real amigas, AKReal or AmiKit Real. I've just released -yesterday- an update in which I add some sites streaming mods. You can listen to them with an emulated or real Amiga. I didn't know about this site, but I've just made an icon-script that can run your streaming and play there. Unfortunately the only icon that looks right so small is the image of the Satellite with a black background, I hope you won't mind.

I want to know if there is any problem if I add the streaming of SceneSat in my next -can take 9 months like this last- AKReal update.

Cheers.

Hey there! The name's Mike, but sometimes I go by "Digital Mic" (I know, totally cool nickname)
    Total dork, self taught keyboardist and musician! Forgot how I came across scene sat, but I thought the music was neat, and the people people here seem really cool.

Anyways, glad to get to know yall and be a part of the community

Hello all!

I'am Petra,
    Nice to be part of this group

Hi all!

New member here!
    Glad to be part of the group
    Very interested in all the spacecrafts and what is going on above us.

-Will

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678