Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Current time: 2024-03-29 00:29
24 listeners from 10 countries.
Jon Tardis - RGB [03:28]
|
Danko - Das Neue Neue Mashup [04:02] at 00:29:42
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Hi all, I know some of you, and you may know me from the C64 Walkabout emulation blog and podcast. Great site you have here!

Erik McClure here - accidentally stumbled on this site after googling for one of my songs. I initially registered with the intent of saying "Determination is falsely credited to me" but it turns out its such an old song I forgot it existed, so now I feel silly 8D.

Dunno what the criteria for songs being downloadable is, but all my songs are released under the creative commons so they're all free downloads anyway.

Default Mitch van Hayden is in da house ;)

Hi Folks,

my name is Mitch van Hayden (the artist formerly known as DJ Mitch ). I'm 35 Years old and I live in Germany in a lovely town called Essen (the european capital of culture 2010). I'm a real computer nerd from 8Bit to 64Bits, a enthusiastic online gamer and (surprise!! =) I love electronic music!

In the last months I worked at several projects. First of all: I'm the video and sound artist in a fanstatic mod team called black monkeys. We're about to create a star wars modification for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare; it's named Galactic Warfare.

I did and still do all the sound stuff for this mod, including the music. You can download the full Galactic Warfare soundtrack here.

Last October I did a remix of Katy Perry's Hot'n'Cold. You can watch the video clip at YouTube:

Furthermore I'm still remixing SID and MOD tunes. Last weekend RKO released three brand new tracks: Beginning, Heli Jagd and Ground.
    For more informations just visit my homepage http://www.dj-mitch.de/ or join me at myspace (http://www.myspace.com/mitchvanhayden) and LastFM (http://www.lastfm.de/music/Mitch+van+Hayden).

>>> THX4ATTENTION <<< I'm glad to be here!

Greetz,

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch van Hayden; 2010-02-23 at 18:35.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    Erik McClure here - accidentally stumbled on this site after googling for one of my songs. I initially registered with the intent of saying "Determination is falsely credited to me" but it turns out its such an old song I forgot it existed, so now I feel silly 8D.

Dunno what the criteria for songs being downloadable is, but all my songs are released under the creative commons so they're all free downloads anyway.
    Hey Erik and welcome. Your songs have been set as downloadable now and in a not too distant future, you'll be able to manage them and the info regarding them by yourself, since this is a functionality that is still in development. The criteria for tracks to be downloadable from our site is that we have the artists permission to let them be downloadable no matter how freely available they are elsewhere, so since we now have yours, hence they are.
    A SceneSat Radio DJ and staffer | AmigaRemix and Remix64 head honcho

Welcome Eric and Mitch
    A SceneSat Radio listener | AmigaRemix 3rd class noob remixer

http://amok.ziphoid.com/

Hi guys! I'm Ken, aka PhoenixWright, one of the Admins for the Electro Freaks (an online community of electro music fans originally founded at thesixtyone.com, though we've since moved away from that site). As you may surmise, I'm a big electronic music fan so it's only natural I'd find my way here.

I first heard about this site when The Sound of SceneSat Volume 1 was released - but I don't recall who/how/what linked me here. I think it might have been the C64 Takeaway? Anyway, love the compilation and loving the radio station too. I'm a long-time fan of the remix community (OC ReMix, Remix64, etc) as well as independent electronic music generally. Well I figured I should sign up, introduce myself, etc.

Just to give a little something back to your community, feel free to check out the Electro Freaks' two free compilations, both available at our Bandcamp page. One is from 2009, Two is from October 10, 2010.
    http://electrofreaks.bandcamp.com/

(I don't want to intrude too much but do you guys think it'd be OK if I posted about those albums in a separate thread? As a newbie I don't want to overstep myself. )

Anyway, cheers from sunny Southern California, and see you all around!

Hi there, PhoenixWrightEF! Welcome!
    Thanks for sharing the album link. I look forward to hearing it!

Hey you all!

I'm Steven, a graphic designer in Indianapolis. I have been interested in the scene, demoscene, mod music, chip music, computer music, all that good stuff, since around 1999 when download speeds were terrible and instead of getting MP3s I wanted MODs, because they were faster to download and sounded a lot better and were most always instrumental! I have donated to the Mod Archive at least once and I believe I donated once to Scene.org, so soon enough I'll send some funds this way too since it's a very high quality net station!

By being a big fan of scene stuffs, I appreciate gaming (retro and otherwise) and the geek culture that is sometimes associated with it. I find there is a lot of fun things going on in these groups, and someday I'd like to go to a demoparty and get a real interaction with a lot of the fine folks still producing these great pieces!

Anyhow, if you want to know a bit more about me, I have info and most online links to myself at http://www.shepriffic.com/pf. It's my design portfolio, but at the bottom are links of me in the internetlands.

Thank you for reading, and we'll chat soon!
    Steven

Hello! Welcome aboard!

Hi,
    Scener since '95... to '99. I decided to come back and continue where I left off in '99, make cool graphics and demos but I suck at making music so hopefully you guys will be able to hook me up with some nice tracks
    I'm a member of good old DESiRE. My original groups don't exist anymore - Hellcore, Grinders and Mosaic and it's a damn shame because I'm missing people I knew back in the 90's especially one of my best
    demoscene-friends DeeKay of Grinders who was brutally murdered.
    I was interested in the demoscene since i was 12 years old.
    cheers

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast