Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Nope, I don't feel like hearing this at all right now...
*hmmm* Well, I don't have to switch off, but I'm not raising the volume either...
Yes, this track fits my mood perfectly!
Current time: 2024-03-28 12:39
30 listeners from 13 countries.
Traymuss - Indians of Chile [03:46]
|
Seathasky - Scientific Warfare [04:11] at 12:41:09
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

A Fostex MR8 MkII, an Audio Technica AT8035, I also carry around a Zoom H2. All windscreens, windsocks, zeppelins and boompoles were homemade. Field recording on a budget, aww yeah. The DAWs I use are Soundforge, and Adobe Audition. Sometimes I'll boot up Audacity if I need to do something really quick to a file, like add some silence. For everything else though, it's Soundforge and Audition.

I know it's not music stuff, but sound designers have gear too, dang it.

Default Milkytracker + Audacity + jamin

I just master and mix tunes, but I work in Linux so choices are a bit limited.

That said, audiacity (1.3.7 beta) and jamin are a GREAT combo. Jamin is a nice mastering tool and by far the best thing I've found available for *nix. Audacity does pretty much everything I want it to and the 1.3x versions are SO much better than the stable line.

http://jamin.sourceforge.net/en/about.html

For replayers, I use dumb (IT, S3M), milkytracker (XM, sometimes MOD and S3M), uade2 (weird amiga shit), sidplay2 (SID, of course), bassmod (XM), ayemul (speccy tunes), asap (Atari-8 tunes), adplug (Adlib), sc68 (atari-16). Sometimes I use deliplayer or winJAM under wine emulation.

Some of my tune conversions can be found here: http://www.esnips.com/web/demoscenetunes

Plugin

Alecs, I'm _fairly_ sure that Paniq has been Linux-only for 2 years, possibly 3.

And he's been doing 'a tune a day' for the past week or so 'to keep in shape.'

So, ya know, if it doesn't exist now, make it (: That's what he's done with Aldrin.

(also, there's that impulse tracker clone 'schism tracker' and 'cheesetracker' which, admittedly, Raw Style hasn't worked on for some years. Yes, Raw Style/Farbraush. I know, it's like some crazy dream where the members of a demogroup actually MAKE things rather than worry about the platform.

Translation: seriously, some of us (TRUCK) need to stop bitching about stuff and jut MAKE STUFF and if it doesn't work like you want FIX IT SO IT DOES.)

Um could I have more icons please I only have 378150 to choose from after the message.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Garbagetruck View Post
    Um could I have more icons please I only have 378150 to choose from after the message.
    Why, certainly, sir! *downloads 500 MSN icon packs and installs them into the forum* :P
    SceneSat systems administrator / tech guru / sometime DJ

Here's my current kit list. I use pretty much all of them on a more or less regular basis.

Monitoring / Signal path:
    ADAM A7 ( x2 )
    Genelec 1030A ( x2 )
    Genelec 1092A (currently broken)
    SM Pro Audio M-Patch
    Mackie 1604-VLZ3

DAW:
    Macbook, Core Duo 2.0GHz, 2GB
    RME Audio Fireface 400
    Logic Pro 8
    Ableton Live 6
    Reaper 2 (I'm currently evaluating this because of it's great audio arrangement/editing features which might help me with my HW synth loops etc.)

Plugins:
    LennarDigital Sylenth1
    Native Instruments Battery 3
    Cytomic Glue
    IK Multimedia CSR
    IK Multimedia AmpliTube 2
    IK Multimedia AmpegSVX
    Ohm Force Ohmicide
    PSP Nitro
    Voxengo Elephant

Instruments / Sound Sources / Effects / Controllers:
    genoQs Machines Nemo
    Novation ReMote 37 SL
    Novation Supernova 2 Pro
    Kurzweil PC161
    Alesis Ion
    Roland TD-4k
    DPA 4091
    RŘDE K2
    TLAudio Ivory 2 5051
    Ibanez SR900
    ESP EC-400
    TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay

-------------

If I had to choose what I couldn't live without, it might be the following list:
    - Logic Pro 8
    - LennarDigital Sylenth1
    - Native Instruments Battery 3
    Misspellers of the world, unit!

Hardware:

Monitoring : 2x Genelec 8030 APM + Profel PS100SUB
    Audio interface: M-Audio Delta 1010LT
    Synths: Access Virus Indigo 2 (Virus C), x0xb0x (303 clone, frickin' AWESOME)
    Drum Machine: Korg Electribe EMX-1 (Groovebox, contains a synth etc.)
    Processing: Line 6 PodXT, TC Electronics Finalizer Express
    Guitar: Epiphone SG-400 "Maestro Tremolo" (Gibson clone)

I've also got a Novation X-Station audio interface / keyboard / synthesizer as a "mobile studio setup" which I use with my laptop. It rules.

Also as a DJ I've got a pair of Technics SL-1210 MK5's vinyl turntables and a Ecler NUO5 mixer.

Software:

I use FL Studio 8 with a large array of plugins:

Synths: Native Instruments Massive, FM8, GForce Minimonsta, reFX z3ta+, reFX Nexus and of course, 3xOsc.

Effects/processing: Waves SSL-4000 bundle, Diamond bundle, Uhbik U-He bundle, Ohmforce Ohmboyz and Ohmicide, Kjaerhus Audio Classic pack (freeware, check it out), Camel Audio CamelPhat 3.

There's much other stuff that I use, but those are the ones I can't live without.

COPYPASTAAA!
    i already posted this list in the "what does your studio look like thread", but that's before i noticed this one, but before i post it, some history:

My first meeting with the demoscene was on my step brothers amiga 1200 when i was about 13. i went trough all his disks, and to his confusion and annoyance i kinda liked the demos, intros and cracktros much better than the actual games he had on there (with the exeption of monkey island)

then at 15 i got my first PC; a monster, i may add.. the Intel Pentium 166 with MMX(!!!) and a SOUNDBLASTER AWE32!
    and the first PC demo i ever saw was Little Green Men by KFMF(?) and i was stunned.
    a friend of mine had a program called fasttracker 2, where he had fun playing off burp-sounds on different pitches. that was fun until we found out that the program could actually open some .mod files from different games. i saw the potential in the program and got myself a copy. A musician was born.

played around in FT2 until 2002-2003, got a 4th place in the multichannel compo at TG and made some nice tunes.. most of them lost when TraxInSpace went down

I was on a LAN party, and me and some of my mucician-buddies were fiddling around in ft2 when a guy came over and wondered if i'd head about fruityloops, my first reaction was "is that some Ejay crap?", but he showed it to me, and i tried it out for a while and loved it.
    Since then i've been making tracks using FL-Studio (fruityloops back then) and in the later years Milky Tracker too.

Computers:
    Dell Inspiron 9400 Laptop / core duo @ 1,8Ghz / 3gb ram,
    Acer Aspire One D250 running OSX Leopard w/Garageband

Interface:
    Lexicon Alpha

Software:
    FL-Studio 9 Producer Edition
    Milky Tracker (Pro Tools HD @ school)
    Garageband

Gear:
    Access Virus C Synth
    Behringer Xenyx 802 Mixer
    Rocktron Chameleon fx/amp modelling module
    Nintendo DS running Korg DS10
    Ipod touch running Noise.IO
    Carillon Control 25 Midi Controller
    Evolution MK249c Midi Controller
    Sennheiser HD415 Headphones
    Logitech Z-2300 Reference speakers
    Samick 4 string. Bass Guitar
    Shure SM58 Vocal Mic

I go mostly with software (FL Studio with VST synths/effects for producing, and Ableton Live for gigs), but I do need some hardware of course.

• Custom quadcore desktop computer for producing (and keeping myself entertained at home)
    • Acer Aspire One mini-laptop for gigs
    • Behringer Truth B2031A studio monitors
    • Pioneer S-W80S subwoofer (For overkill bass and fun, it's not like the B2031A Truths really need one)
    • AKG K701 headphones
    • ESI U46SE external soundcard (I hate its retarded drivers, but what budget-class options do I have if I want several simultaneous, independent outputs?)
    • M-Audio Evolution MK449 C keyboard
    • Kenton Killamix Mini MIDI-controller
    • LTD EX-50 guitar
    • Ibanez GSR200 bass
    • Zoom G2 effect pedal

...and a really good handmade acoustic guitar, which is probably the only really valuable thing I own. I've yet to record anything with it, though. That'd require something better than my 10€ computer mic.
    Last edited by Byproduct; 2009-10-13 at 00:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Byproduct View Post
    • ESI U46SE external soundcard (I hate its retarded drivers, but what budget-class options do I have if I want several simultaneous, independent outputs?)
    I've got the Focusrite Saffire LE which is a really decent sound card for comparatively little money. The drivers are quite OK, it has multiple independent outputs and inputs and I just discovered that www.jam.se is having a sale on them right now for 1000 SEK less than what I bought mine for, grr..
    SceneSat systems administrator / tech guru / sometime DJ

Heres my list of things and stuff I use...

Computer : Acer Aspire M5201
    Dual lcd monitors both Benq. 24inch widesceen and 20 inch widescreen
    Ram 8Gt
    Processor Amd Phenom 9550 Quadcore 2.20 GHz
    1 Terabyte harddrive
    Amiga +500

Speakers:
    Creative Gigaworks T20 series II
    M-audio studio pro 3
    And 3 pairs other random stereo speacers plugged into good old Pioneer stereo amplifier SA-610

Programs:
    Propellerhead Reason 4
    Modplugtracker
    Skaletracker
    Audacity
    Other prog related stuff:
    Over 250Gb sounds and reason refills

Keyboard of choise:
    M-audio keystation 49e

Other things
    Sony minidisc and crapy mick to record ambience sounds

SyTeQ