Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Current time: 2024-03-28 12:00
32 listeners from 15 countries.
Geir Tjelta - A New Beginning [03:39]
|
Putzi - Galactyforce (Makepeace ext. mix) [07:35] at 12:02:05
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm using FL Studio and well... it's not going very well... but that's my own fault for being musically retarded
    I think FL Studio is great for beginners like me though.

Started out with Fasttracker back when I was about 14 years old or so.. Then switched over to Skale tracker, because they wanted to make a copy of fasttracker with vst instrument support and other things.. But the time went, and I could'n wait forever for the developement of skale tracker. Then I heard about Renoise and I have been using it ever since.

Greetz
    Trance Producer @ SceneSat

FL Studio. Very noob-friendly. Looks fancy even.

I am currently trying my wings out in Renoise, which seem to be a promising program.

I have never been fond of sequencers, I like the tracker approach better, and a tracker with support for vsti's and midi make me feel just... wow! Also the DSP support is very nice, letting you add DSP's to each and every individual track. Automation part (envelopes) is a bit weak, but atleast there's support for it. I wouldn't mind more preset shapes or the possibility to scale an envelope (however, not sure if that's possible in other programs as I am a n00b when it comes to producing music).

As I wrote in the introduce yourself thread, my first project will probably be a amiga demo song medley, unfortunately I don't have much spare time nowadays. Currently playing around in Renoise learning the program, and trying out some soft synths. Next step is to decide what instruments to use, and plan the "layout" of the song.

I have created a social group here in the community, so that fellow renoise users can meet up. If you are mainly using renoise as your WOF, please join the group =)

Buzz and ableton now

Love buzz, such a great little bit of software and its free.. something that indepth shouldnt be free.. but it is so thank the lord.

Ableton aint free its >bleeping< expensive but it was worth the money some of the features of that thing are just AMAZING and my creativity and sound have been effected severely by it in a very good way.

back in amiga day's octamed right up to studio edition, i even have the pc version of it for pure mods (So i can look at notation on harder tunes when im remixing) and for the nostalgia reasons too.

With having no musical knowledge i use Fruityloops, it's the only one i know how to use. Unfortunately my tunes sound like someone scraping their arse against a wall.

I started out with Pro Tracker on the Amiga 500.
    Later got my own PC and worked with Fast tracker for almost 8 years.

Then I turned my eye towards sequencers and starting using Reason which is a
    good start when you want to learn Sequencers.
    Though I can't really figure today why the hell I used it since It makes work with wav and "realtime" recording a real pain in the ASS.

Thanks Cubase Sx3 which is my current tool of destruction.
    Recently looked a bit on Milky Tracker and I will probably start working
    with that and re-connect to my old tracker-self.

Hardware:

Gibson Les Paul Gothic II with Emg pickups,
    Yamaha ERG 121C,
    Line6 POD XT, CME UF6 midi keyboard, Behringer Eurorack 802,
    Behringer B1 mic.

Among other things.. I think that's it atm, There is always space for more it's just the money that kinda narrows it down.

1997?-1999 a music demo software written in amigabasic, found in the extras disk
    1999 dance ejay 1 o/
    1999-2001 impulse tracker 2.14, cool edit pro 1.x
    2001-2002 reason 1.0, buzz, cool edit pro 1.x
    2002-2003 reason 2.0, cool edit pro 1.x/2.0?
    2003-2005 reason 2.5, cool edit pro 2.0 / adobe audition 1.5
    2005-2007 reason 3.0, adobe audition 1.5
    2007-2008 reason 4.0, adobe audition 1.5
    2008- reason 4.0, adobe audition 1.5, ensoniq dp/4

have tried a bunch of other programs such as cubase, sonar, ableton live, but the two absolute favorites have been (and always will be!) impulse tracker and reason. ah, l'amour!

Some already know that I'm the hardware kind of guy...

My sound sources are :
    Clavia Modular G2X
    Access Virus Indigo 2
    Roland JP-8080
    FutureRetro Revolution
    Korg Wavestation EX
    Yamaha A4000
    Yamaha DX11
    Akai AX60
    Yamaha RS7000
    Roland Juno-106
    Roland W30 (2)
    Roland JX-10 w/PG-800
    Oberheim Matrix 6R

On the guitar side :
    Jackson Reverse Dinky DKMG w/EMG-HZ
    Line6 Variax 300
    Line6 Pod XT Live
    Digitech GSP21 Preamp

The recording and effects stuff I use :
    Akai DR8 HardDrisk Recorder
    Alesis CLX-440 Compressor/Expander (2)
    Akai PEQ6
    Digitech TSR6 Effects
    Behringer MX2432A Console
    Behringer Truth B2031A Monitors
    Behringer F-Control Firewire Interface
    MOTU MIDI TimePiece AV (2)
    E-Mu Emulator-X PC

For a long time I thought I was suffering of the Gear Acquisition Syndrome (GAS) but no, I did found my comfort zone now... I don't really need or want new stuff anymore... or maybe that little...mmm... no... but... mmm....

Everything wished, searched, worked, collected, and kept. If I would end up on a island (with a strange 120V power outlet in the middle), I would bring, the RS7K to sequence, the G2X being the infinite soundsource playground, and the Virus for being, the Virus.

And on the software side, I use Reaper to edit, mix and master the tracks. Renoise to track when I feel to, and Reason when I wanna play only with the computer.

I Started when I was 14 with Soundtracker on the Amiga, then Protracker. Later on the PC came and I started using Fasttracker 2. I used it for a very long time. It wasn't until Madtracker showed up with vst support that I made a switch. Then I found out about Renoise and today I use it to make all my tracks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast