Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Nope, I don't feel like hearing this at all right now...
*hmmm* Well, I don't have to switch off, but I'm not raising the volume either...
Yes, this track fits my mood perfectly!
Current time: 2024-03-28 20:59
32 listeners from 11 countries.
Wayfinder - Rove [07:54]
|
Dascon - Semper Fidelis [02:32] at 21:00:10

Thread: Requests?

Default Requests?

I love shows like Ziphoid does....
    ....but a show without requests sounds more like a "podcast".
    In my opinion, a show would integrate the participation of the listeners to be more exciting.
    Of course I don't mean only with requests but also with exclusive or other tracks.
    So I'm waiting a show "On Air" with impatience.

There'll be an On Air-show soon, I promise. Probably March 12th. ...and there'll be more shows with requests from the listeners when the other DJs starts doing shows as well.

DHS' show tomorrow is an exception, though, since it's a mix-show.
    A SceneSat Radio DJ and staffer | AmigaRemix and Remix64 head honcho

I can state unequivocably that my shows will consist of 99% non-request shows.

The idea of bringing you stuff you haven't heard before, stuff that is different than usual... yeah, doesn't really happen unless I only accept requests in a very, very limited fashion. Like "You may only request tunes from the music entries from Breakpoint 2009." - THAT could happen.

but a traditional 'request' show - _I_ won't be doing that - doesn't fit with the 'introduce you to stuff you don't know' concept (:

I agree with truck on this.
    A lot of the music I love today came from live shows without requests. Requesting songs basically just gives you the music that you have on your HD anyways.
    If live shows were purely based on requests, I would probably never have discovered my love for paniq's music. Sure, there can be requests in shows, and interaction between DJ and crowd on IRC is really a lot of fun but, to be honest, I prefer having the DJ play stuff I don't know...
    A great live show is like : "Here's the music you didn't know you loved. Enjoy."

If you look in retrospect on my previous On Air-shows, I seldom play more than 10-20% requests, actually. That's just because I want to present you guys'n'gals something new from my perspective. Of course it's important with listeners participation and that's how we should have it as well, although I wouldn't want to play ONLY requests in a show, since then the shows will basically be the same week after week.
    A SceneSat Radio DJ and staffer | AmigaRemix and Remix64 head honcho

Indeed, discovering music is the most important part of a show...
    and I think it's possible with requests too.
    On SlayRadio the resquests were limited to C64 remixes but with SceneSat there's no limit because the scene music is immense (including tunes in mod,xm,s3m... format).
    Of course a show must be varied including not only requests.
    I don't do any reproach because I love shows with scene music and they are greats moments.
    I really enjoy this music and I want to thank all DJs for their hard work.
    Last edited by Cerve; 2009-02-26 at 17:42.

I agree. It _is_ possible with requests as well.

However, my shows won't have them, and I'm stating that outright so no one gets any ideas about "hey, turn requests on!" during them (:

SOMEONE will do a requests show sometime (:

Quote Originally Posted by Cerve View Post
    Indeed, discovering music is the most important part of a show...
    and I think it's possible with requests too.
    On SlayRadio the resquests were limited to C64 remixes but with SceneSat there's no limit because the scene music is immense (including tunes in mod,xm,s3m... format).
    Hope I don't rip something of the context. But you know that it's not right what you wrote there. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Duke View Post
    Hope I don't rip something of the context. But you know that it's not right what you wrote there. Do you?
    Oh yes.....sorry about that.
    I mean "as a general rule". My apologies.
    I'm a fan of Slay Radio and I've heard beautifull Amiga remixes and many other tunes too.
    When I've listened a show on Slay Radio for the first time I was wondered by the possibility of making requests live with the Dj...
    ...and this is why I post this thread here.