Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Nope, I don't feel like hearing this at all right now...
*hmmm* Well, I don't have to switch off, but I'm not raising the volume either...
Yes, this track fits my mood perfectly!
Current time: 2021-07-29 11:20
39 listeners from 16 countries.
vlad - Whisper [04:13]
|
Wobble & Ferris - Haec Diva [03:10] at 11:27:00
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Just to "OPEN" the link and not to "SAVE" works pretty well too...
    A SceneSat Radio listener | AmigaRemix 3rd class noob remixer

    http://amok.ziphoid.com/

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Hm, btw since when exists the quickmenu feature on the mainpage under "Member" -->"Edit your settings"? New or have I just overseen it all the time? Uh, anyhow...

    Would it be nice/usefull if you see the title of the selected item?
    So you would for example see it like "Queue | Track History | Forum" instead of "1 | 2 | 3"?
    A SceneSat Radio listener


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    66

    Default

    If a track is freely available on the Interwebs, but not on SceneSat, the track info page could contain a link to its external download page. (I've found quite many tracks that I liked but couldn't dl here, but found them in Remix64 or Kahvi for example).

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sollentuna, Sweden
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Duke View Post
    Hm, btw since when exists the quickmenu feature on the mainpage under "Member" -->"Edit your settings"? New or have I just overseen it all the time? Uh, anyhow...
    That has been there for quite some time now, actually. I think I even told about that in a news item, or at least during some shows.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Duke View Post
    Would it be nice/usefull if you see the title of the selected item?
    So you would for example see it like "Queue | Track History | Forum" instead of "1 | 2 | 3"?
    I've already built that function but just not published it yet, since it will cause quite a bunch of weird things to happen if people are using too long titles. It is on the todo list, already. The numbers are there to represent the shortcut key (Ctrl+Shift+number in Firefox, for instance).

    Quote Originally Posted by Byproduct View Post
    If a track is freely available on the Interwebs, but not on SceneSat, the track info page could contain a link to its external download page. (I've found quite many tracks that I liked but couldn't dl here, but found them in Remix64 or Kahvi for example).
    That's why we so far have added the binoculars->Google custom search-function. We have a bunch of extra data which will be displayed on the track info pages but atm, the admin GUI is not finished so it's quite hard to add it all. It surely is a big thing on the list.
    A SceneSat Radio DJ and staffer | AmigaRemix and Remix64 head honcho

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I would like to have a button on the website where i could zap the dj when he's playing sleepy tunes :P

    A regular issue stungun mounted to the chair would be effichent
    But it would be disabled when the dj splays unzy tunes.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I would like to hear less jingles, or at least less jingles that overlap with the music. I don't have dementia, so I don't need to be told I'm listening to Scenesat every five or so minutes.

    You guys are not a commercial radio station where the evil record companies force you to overlap your jingles to discourage recording, so don't do it.

    Sometimes when a song has a really nice ending, it can really get ruined by an annoying "Scenesat Radio....because we love the scene". It's great that you guys do. I love the scene too, but I sure don't love a ruined song.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sollentuna, Sweden
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zabadab View Post
    I would like to hear less jingles, or at least less jingles that overlap with the music. I don't have dementia, so I don't need to be told I'm listening to Scenesat every five or so minutes.

    You guys are not a commercial radio station where the evil record companies force you to overlap your jingles to discourage recording, so don't do it.

    Sometimes when a song has a really nice ending, it can really get ruined by an annoying "Scenesat Radio....because we love the scene". It's great that you guys do. I love the scene too, but I sure don't love a ruined song.
    I actually kind of agree with you here, although it's not THAT often. Lately, we've had the overlays played in-between every 8 tracks, which I've now upped to back to every 15th track again. We will however probably lower this number at a later stage, but not until we've created more of these overliners.

    Also, on a sidenote - No, we are NOT a commercial radio station, but even so it's not free to run it since we still need licenses to be able to play what we want and to run the serverside software and such. So, yes, we DO treat SceneSat as a sort of a commercial station on the backend to be able to run this as smoothly as possible even though we are not planning to charge the listeners for it.

    In conclusion, since we are basically paying for running the station and we're very proud of it all (not only for paying, but for the whole of the system... ), we of course would like to express that it IS our station and how proud we are of it. One way of expressing that is by adding these overliners, which we feel doesn't kill that much of the tracks since they are only between 4-10 seconds. Also, if we were trying destroy the tracks for you, then we wouldn't provide a 320kbps now, would we?

    Anyhoo, comment noted and action taken. I hope you still feel ok with us and the overliners.

    // Ziph
    A SceneSat Radio DJ and staffer | AmigaRemix and Remix64 head honcho

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Is it possible to have the Downloadable Track list set up with letter headings by artist like the Rotational list? It would make it a little bit easier to navigate. Of course, I suppose it's just as easy to into the Rotational and see if the track you want is downloadable... so maybe this is a dumb idea.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sollentuna, Sweden
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steph19 View Post
    Is it possible to have the Downloadable Track list set up with letter headings by artist like the Rotational list? It would make it a little bit easier to navigate. Of course, I suppose it's just as easy to into the Rotational and see if the track you want is downloadable... so maybe this is a dumb idea.
    Not a dumb idea at all and it's already in our minds to fix, since the actual page 'Downloadable tracks' will be completely removed in favor of an extended version of the track listing page, which will be revamped a little to simplify the filtering and sorting.
    A SceneSat Radio DJ and staffer | AmigaRemix and Remix64 head honcho

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I looked at the rotation list and would it be an idea to have the nr of stars in this list as well as all other info?
    'How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck would chuck wood?'

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright © 2008-2021 SceneSat Radio. All rights reserved. All times are CEST.

The following kind people have joined our Patreon:

Tier II: David 'Bombe' Roden, dojoe, Starchaser & 1 anonymous
Tier I: Bowyer, iamdarkyoshi, K-Line, V1rgul & 4 anonymous