Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Current time: 2024-03-28 21:27
32 listeners from 11 countries.
|
Hazel - Can Dragons Really Fly ? [04:38] at 21:30:54
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

It all looks very slick, the only thing I can add is that when you click a song that's on the "Previous, Playing now", and "Next up" queues, it'd be cool to see the ratings for it. It's not a site breaker, but I think it'd be kind of neat. I really like how you can click the name of the remixer (or artist) and see all of their songs that are on Scenesat, that's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Fee1 View Post
    It all looks very slick, the only thing I can add is that when you click a song that's on the "Previous, Playing now", and "Next up" queues, it'd be cool to see the ratings for it. It's not a site breaker, but I think it'd be kind of neat.
    That and much more is coming (relatively) soon.
    SceneSat systems administrator / tech guru / sometime DJ

I'm not expecting this to happen; But a widget for Opera or Firefox that would let you vote songs without going to scenesat.com would be awesome.

Hmm...I collected some ideas/questions during the last days. Interesting or crap, I dunno.

1. Automatically instant refresh in "Average Rating" in "Track Information" when a vote comes in.

2. Track number (direct Link) in the adress bar. Intention and useful? Or would it look "cooler" to the site if the direct link is hidden?

3. Is it a good feature to be able vote on tracks that are not currently played?

4. What about an automatically switching of the "Track Information" site? Like the
    tracks do on "Now playing". Maybe with a button to freeze.

So, eh, that's it for the moment.

Now John kills me...

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Duke View Post
    Hmm...I collected some ideas/questions during the last days. Interesting or crap, I dunno.

1. Automatically instant refresh in "Average Rating" in "Track Information" when a vote comes in.

2. Track number (direct Link) in the adress bar. Intention and useful? Or would it look "cooler" to the site if the direct link is hidden?

3. Is it a good feature to be able vote on tracks that are not currently played?

4. What about an automatically switching of the "Track Information" site? Like the
    tracks do on "Now playing". Maybe with a button to freeze.

So, eh, that's it for the moment.

Now John kills me...
    Well, I won't kill you, Sven, although I must put a thumbs down on most of these ideas.

1. This could be interesting if this was about a stock rate or something like that. When the average amount of votes a track gets each day is less than one per mille, it really is not relevant but would only cause WAY too much unnecessary code.

2. No, it would only cause a mess if it was hidden, since then it would have to be done with a fram of sorts and that is not cool at all. The 'cool' thing is to be able to pinpoint a direct URL to a certain track as well as allow search engines to find their way through the site. In the long run you'll be able to find a direct link to our site if you google for an artist or a track, which is a win for all parties.

3. Well, that's why there are two possible voting systems. See it like this: What if you would only be able to vote for a track on RKO when it was played on SLAY Radio or SceneSat? Would it be easy to vote for it then? Not really, huh? Almost all the tracks on SSR are possible to download, which makes it easy for you to be able to rate and vote for them if you're listening at home or whenever. So, in conclusion - Yes, I think it is a good feature.

4. This would cause more mess as well, since perhaps you're reading about a track, writing a comment or similar and then all of a sudden, it'd just be replacded with something else? Not really user friendly, imho. We can't make all decisions for the viewers, but our decision is to let an info page be left for as long as the user stays there. If you wanna see the info about the next track or whatever, it's just to click that link instead, which would save us an immense amount of chaos when it comes to code complexity.

I'm sure you'll be a bit disappointed about these answers, but I did warn you.

// Ziph
    A SceneSat Radio DJ and staffer | AmigaRemix and Remix64 head honcho

Is there anyway to keep posts and threads from the newsfeed forums from showing up under "New posts"? "New posts" is the first thing I go to on VBulletin forums, but it's so cluttered on these forums with Sputnik fetching so many newsfeeds!

Quote Originally Posted by Fee1 View Post
    Is there anyway to keep posts and threads from the newsfeed forums from showing up under "New posts"? "New posts" is the first thing I go to on VBulletin forums, but it's so cluttered on these forums with Sputnik fetching so many newsfeeds!
    They should be excluded now. Please let me know how this works.
    A SceneSat Radio DJ and staffer | AmigaRemix and Remix64 head honcho

It works wonderfully, thank you!

I'm double posting.

So, you know how in the WIP forum, people post their MP3s, then we have to download them, and load them up in our media players? That's not a lot of work, but I'm lazy, and don't like cluttering my desktop! Would it be possible to add a media tag for posting MP3s, so we could play them on the forum, and in our browsers?

Besides anything that can and will be done from SceneSat, I recommend you to install the quicktime player. A single middle-mouse-button press allows you to open mp3s and other media types to open in a new browser tab. Just a hint.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast