Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Nope, I don't feel like hearing this at all right now...
*hmmm* Well, I don't have to switch off, but I'm not raising the volume either...
Yes, this track fits my mood perfectly!
Current time: 2019-11-16 03:56
15 listeners from 8 countries.
|
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sollentuna, Sweden
    Posts
    219

    Lightbulb Feature wishlist...

    Well, the site is starting to take form and people have started to register, which is excellent. There are still a LOT of work to fix all the features we have in mind, but now it would be good to hear what you guys WANT to have. It's really no use to create functions that you won't use.

    I can assure you that we've thought about a LOT of things, but feel free to ponder what you want to see on the site and we'll take it into consideration.

    We have pushed a lot of hours into designing the backend of the whole system to be as flexible as possible, making it quite easy to add a bunch of features and connecting data back and forth both in the system and to and from other systems.

    So, rub your brain a bit and come up with some cool (and useful) features and we'll look into adding them to the site...
    A SceneSat Radio DJ and staffer | AmigaRemix and Remix64 head honcho

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vejle, Denmark
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I kinda know that the features I want are on the drawing board right now, but I will list them anyways

    Voting system for tunes. Can be spiced with a chart show like SLAY. Could also just be used for a website top 10 list (with a monthly reset or something like that), or a combination of the two.

    Request function. Ok, this is actually not a feature I want, it's more like a feature I am not a big fan of. I'd use it to force everyone to listen to paniq as often as possible, and then everyone will miss out on some tunes they didn't know they loved

    Charts. Not just music charts, but demo charts aswell. I love charts, and I bet there are people here that know enough about the scene to be able to make regular charts (sounds like work for truck, hehe)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ballerup, Denmark
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Here are some of my ideas.. Take it or leave it

    A Shoutbox (Tagwall) where people can put small useful text messages to each other. I guess some people may not like this idea, but there are still lots of people who dont know how to use mIRC, and that's why I think it may be a good idea.

    A distinct Paypal logo on the site so people are able to support you with whatever they might give from there wallets

    A poll could be added to the frontsite (aswell as the forum) with let's say a new question every week for bringing out some small talk or discussions.

    Music contests.. Not necessarily with picked out samples and sounds. Maybe where the staff for example is gonna chose a theme, that other artists could build something nice out of. Like a christmas theme

    That's all I've got at this time.. peace out mates
    Trance Producer @ SceneSat

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    18

    Default Voting system

    If I may add my 2¢ on the voting system... why having too much voting levels ?
    Personnaly I would suggest :
    - All tracks starts with a signed 0 score.
    - 2 voting buttons : Thumbs Up(score++), Thumbs Down (score--)
    - !likes and !loves from IRC could count as thumbs up also... (could add a !dislike but less cool to use it).
    - limit 1 vote/(unique id)/track..
    Last edited by PsychNerD; 2009-02-18 at 19:43.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sollentuna, Sweden
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brigane View Post
    Here are some of my ideas.. Take it or leave it

    A Shoutbox (Tagwall) where people can put small useful text messages to each other. I guess some people may not like this idea, but there are still lots of people who dont know how to use mIRC, and that's why I think it may be a good idea.
    This is a quite discussable feature, since there are both pros and cons with such a little box. *hmmm* We could make it possible to switch it off via the user control panel, of course (this one). I think a poll of some sort is coming up...

    Quote Originally Posted by Brigane View Post
    A distinct Paypal logo on the site so people are able to support you with whatever they might give from there wallets
    A 'Make a donation'-link is up in the left column.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brigane View Post
    A poll could be added to the frontsite (aswell as the forum) with let's say a new question every week for bringing out some small talk or discussions.
    The front page will be updated with more info for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brigane View Post
    Music contests.. Not necessarily with picked out samples and sounds. Maybe where the staff for example is gonna chose a theme, that other artists could build something nice out of. Like a christmas theme
    This one is also a very good idea which we'll definitely will take into consideration.
    A SceneSat Radio DJ and staffer | AmigaRemix and Remix64 head honcho

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Demosinki
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Well, demo charts: these are somewhat available somewhere that I suggest you avoid (:

    But yes I think I can provide some of this after each party, and of course, the big one coming up at Breakpoint - the scene.org awards.

    Which. Well. Go see my post about that. (It's in the EVENTS area, now. I just posted it. You should go there now. (: )
    Last edited by Sir Garbagetruck; 2009-02-19 at 20:04. Reason: added where I posted now that I posted

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychNerD View Post
    If I may add my 2¢ on the voting system... why having too much voting levels ?
    Personnaly I would suggest :
    - All tracks starts with a signed 0 score.
    - 2 voting buttons : Thumbs Up(score++), Thumbs Down (score--)
    - !likes and !loves from IRC could count as thumbs up also... (could add a !dislike but less cool to use it).
    - limit 1 vote/(unique id)/track..
    This sounds very good to me. (Plus maybe people could vote more than once over a long period of time, so that their absolute favourites would get two votes or so. )

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Hm, it would come in handy if someone can see the ETA of the next track so that you can get a glimpse of when to vote for the current track that is playing in the queue.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sollentuna, Sweden
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Duke View Post
    Hm, it would come in handy if someone can see the ETA of the next track so that you can get a glimpse of when to vote for the current track that is playing in the queue.
    Something like that?
    A SceneSat Radio DJ and staffer | AmigaRemix and Remix64 head honcho

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Hey cool, yes.

    What do you think of by setting it in by design like:
    "Next track at *time*: - Track" ?

    or

    "Next up at *time*: - Track"

    Hm, just a thought.
    Last edited by Dr-Duke; 2009-02-26 at 23:58.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Copyright © 2008-2019 SceneSat Radio. All rights reserved. All times are CET.

Music and info sources

SceneSat Radio features tracks and info gathered from the following sites & communities (detailed credits for each track will be available on its respective info-page):