Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Nope, I don't feel like hearing this at all right now...
*hmmm* Well, I don't have to switch off, but I'm not raising the volume either...
Yes, this track fits my mood perfectly!
Current time: 2024-03-28 16:02
26 listeners from 12 countries.
|
Xtatic - Brother's Love [02:03] at 16:07:11

Sound Ziphoid - Sat-U-Rated - 20100107 20:00CET

Ok, time for a new show here on SceneSat. This will be a recurring show, but we still haven't decided on how often it will happen. Probably quarterly or bi-monthly, but that is actually up to you, since this is the show where we present the tracks you have voted as the best ones for a certain period of time. Do tune in and enjoy, but make sure to vote as much as possible to make this an interesting show!
    A SceneSat Radio DJ and staffer | AmigaRemix and Remix64 head honcho

Ha. Nice idea. Tuning in for sure.

!agree Byproduct
    Sputnik sees that PsychNerD couldn't agree more with Byproduct...

Really great show, my friend! I enjoyed it very much! Almost all of my favourites were on the list, so I will definitely keep voting! Perhaps there will be a #30 instead of #25??
    Last edited by Serenity; 2010-01-08 at 03:05.

I guess I'm dismayed a bit, as out of the list of the top, only 2 (and maybe a half... Shades MIGHT sort of count; Elwood's tune MIGHT sort of count...) were demoscene tunes. And one was a remix.

I fully understand we're bringing other things into the demoscene mix, and we're not a 100% only demoscene, 100% only oldschool, 100% only tracked, or similar genre-forcing radio. I _like_ that we have various mixes of things. Heck we even have stuff I detest on the rotational. This is good. BUT. I would like to see us, ya know, have a bit more demoscene involvement. The demoscene makes a HECK of a lot of music, and a good portion of it is quality, so it's a bit ... dismaying not to see that reflected in our list.

I also figure this is partially my fault for not doing more shows, so obviously I need to do more shows.

Perhaps we need to do something to 'weight' some songs - after all, folks familiarity with c64 game tunes or snes game tunes may cause a particular tune to be given more 'props' than a straightforward composition. Maybe that would make an interesting comparison, but not such a great thing for 'every' show.

Perhaps we should just leave it as is and do ANOTHER show that focuses on the top 5 demoscene tunes, but ... you watch, if that happens, I'll complain because it's always the same top tunes and there isn't enough variety.

I guess what I'm really saying is I dislike popularity, as it infringes on people's ability to experience innovation.

( Yet I like statistics (: )

I _am_ happy that my favorite Elwood track, which normally people tell me is the one they like the LEAST, made the top 25. And, well, I do know that one track will be featured in the upcoming Mindcandy 3 demo DVD. Actually, I think 2 of them are on it. So I guess you know WHICH TWO huh.

Ah well. I need to work on getting a show ready, perhaps for next week. Yes let's just see if I can't get one organized and set up for next week. (Organized means a bit more preparation on my part.)

The vote counting system made it interesting, I was expecting to see other tunes in the top but I'm definitely not complaining. Great show, hoping to get more of these in the future.