Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Nope, I don't feel like hearing this at all right now...
*hmmm* Well, I don't have to switch off, but I'm not raising the volume either...
Yes, this track fits my mood perfectly!
Current time: 2024-03-29 00:42
23 listeners from 10 countries.
Bass Cadet - 70‘s Won’t Give Up [03:32]
|
Druckwelle - In my Dreams [04:04] at 00:48:25

Hybrid View

Default scene.org awards

Every year since 2003, 'scene.org' - the International Scene Organization (ry) has sponsored the scene.org awards, which are supposed to be a celebration of the demoscene.

There's a big awards show during which the 'top' demos of the year are showcased, in many different categories:
    Best Soundtrack
    Best 64k intro
    Best Demo
    Public's Choice
    Best Demo on an an Oldschool Platform
    Breakthru Performance
    Best Animation
    Best 4k Intro
    Best Effects
    Best Graphics
    Best Direction
    Most Original Concept

All of these are performed by a jury of demosceners, selected in some bizzarre process I'm not entirely familiar with - EXCEPT the "Public's Choice" award.

For the public's choice - you get to vote! And, well, nominate, if your favorite demo isn't nominated yet.

Now, for those of you who would like to PARTICIPATE in this process:
    PARTICIPATE HERE

Go there. Get the demos that are nominated and watch them, on real hardware if possible, if not, via video. I'd say watch them one day, then come back a day or so later and watch again, THEN vote.

All the votes and so on will be tallied and presented in the big 'ol award ceremony at Breakpoint 2009. Which you should attend, so you can see this extravaganza. I've seen every one so far and I am not missing 2009's.

And yes, if you go to awards.scene.org you can see past years nominations and winners. For those of you who like lists - or want some really bitchin' stuff from the demoscene to watch - go there. There's some _REALLY_ excellent stuff there.

i have voted :>

For those of you who aren't attending Breakpoint for some reason (which you should) - there will be a breakpoint.tv stream which should include the scene.org awards.

You should see them live at Breakpoint, tho, so hop on one of the planes or buses getting there and go see it live, not on some dinky monitor - LIVE! On stage! On a HUGE screen!

So, What was up with that Limp Ninja entry for the PC main Democompo? My stream spazzed on me, and I missed all the fuss...