Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Current time: 2024-03-28 17:16
26 listeners from 12 countries.
cTrix - Syntax Party 2009 Invite [03:49]
|
Trash80 - Sidk Fnck [03:36] at 17:20:08
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A Macbook is not a bad choice either, no. Renoise works just as nice under MacOS. You can pop over to my place and try it if you like, Peter.
    A SceneSat Radio DJ and staffer | AmigaRemix and Remix64 head honcho

I fear the mac... it's the unknown.... What if I start liking the alien computer?

hehe , MacBook is basically a PC, You can use Apple Bootcamp to run both; MacOS and Windows systems.

I disagree on the whole "Firewire doesn't work in Windows" thing. I'm running my Focusrite Saffire LE on Windows with no problems whatsoever, but I made sure to have a Texas Instruments Firewire chipset in my machine, because I know they work best.
    SceneSat systems administrator / tech guru / sometime DJ

Yes. But does it really the way how the compatibility issues should been solved (finding right controller)? Texas instruments is best for Focussrite maybe, but it didn't run with Fireface in our case, for RME VIA controllers seem to be the best That's why I mentioned about FireWire, audio interfaces and windows. Lottery.

I do a lot of sound editing on a notebook, I only have a 3GHZ proc and a gig of RAM, it works well enough, when running the more RAM intensive processes, I get to kick back for about thirty seconds while it processes everything. I use a Creative PCMIA card, I can't recall the model offhand, I also use a DAC, a headphone amp, and a pair of Grado SR325i's, I'm sure it all gets bottlenecked due to the soundcard, but it beats running a 1/8" cable straight out of the notebook soundcard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12