Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Nope, I don't feel like hearing this at all right now...
*hmmm* Well, I don't have to switch off, but I'm not raising the volume either...
Yes, this track fits my mood perfectly!
Current time: 2024-03-28 09:54
28 listeners from 11 countries.
Jugi - Onward [04:51]
|
Drafts on a Theme - Eno Tribute [06:53] at 09:55:10

Thread: Competitions

Default Competitions

Hey guys, there are many good radio stations meanwhile like Slay, Scenesat, Demoscene Tv, Radio Paralax, Radio 6581, Sid station or Nectarine. What would you think about a cooperative teamwork with one of these? Did you ever making shows for other stations before doing at Scenesat? Would you ever cooperate with one of this stations? What are your experiences and what have you learned from other stations or don't you want supporting them or letting supporting you?

Tell me what you think.
    All I need is scene music and nice people.

SceneSat is almost a sister station to Slay Radio, a lot of the people associated with SceneSat are also associated with Slay Radio, and our very own Ziphoid used to be a DJ, and keeper of the archives at Slay Radio.

Can't say much about the rest, though.

Edit: Just put together that you mention Demoscene.TV, and there's a Demoscene.TV news forum at the bottom! Apparently SceneSat and them are already pals.
    Last edited by Fee1; 2009-03-05 at 03:18.

You left out Kohina and Bitjam in your list. Bitjam is affiliated with Bitfellas, and I'm an ex-Bitfellas admin. Kohina has, via Grue, provided us with some very nice direct-from-his-c64 Sid recordings, which he's painstakingly done. Bitjam and Bitfellas we work with on ideas and of course there's the affiliation with Exotica and Modarchive and Modland... Bitfellas covers a big area of sceners. (Not every scener is a big fan of Bitfellas, however. Takes all kinds.)

I'm an ex-Nectarine admin as well, and ... well I guess it's pretty obvious that we know the demoscene.tv folks since for some reason I seem to always end up on camera at a party where they are. (It's the towel, I think. Oh, and the fact that I have no problem being ON camera, whereas, some folks just don't care for it.)

Nectarine, well, Yes is still a good friend; and some of the admins there and I are still on good terms. Others, well, we aren't. We'll leave it at that.

Radio Parallax has done some damage to itself via spamming and assault on various folks, and a lot of folks have real difficulty with the attitude over there. Heh, I remember the one time the main guy there started DEMANDING that Pouet remove his thread... Pouet doens't remove threads. It was, and is, freaking hilarious to view. Oddly, that was because of Parallax going and saying that one of our preview shows, by MadMax, was going to be his exclusive. It could have been handled like a simple mistake but no, the Parallax guys just blew it ALL out of proportion and managed to piss off quite a few folks in the scene in the meantime.

So, ya know, there's no real ISSUE with working with folks who want to be worked with and don't throw fits when things don't go their way. Or demand unneccesary things, or start demanding censoring of tunes because they don't meet some jerk's "quality" standards, while meeting the standards of all other admins. Basically, this is for fun, and people who have an agenda or want to make trouble - naw, they can do their own thing, life's too short to play in a sandbox with someone who just wants to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox78 View Post
    Hey guys, there are many good radio stations meanwhile like Slay, Scenesat, Demoscene Tv, Radio Paralax, Radio 6581, Sid station or Nectarine. What would you think about a cooperative teamwork with one of these? Did you ever making shows for other stations before doing at Scenesat? Would you ever cooperate with one of this stations? What are your experiences and what have you learned from other stations or don't you want supporting them or letting supporting you?
    Dear Manuel,

Why is it that you can never stand behind your own words, but always feel the need to masquerade as someone else? Is it perhaps because you don't want to be responsible for the things you do and say, since they're not always, uh, beneficial to you?

I personally am getting pretty tired of your incessant whining about how no one wants to collaborate with you when the plain facts are that you simply can't handle civilized company. Had you behaved in a courteous and friendly way from the beginning, I'm sure you would have been where you wanted to be right now.

Unfortunately, you didn't. Instead you've whined, spammed, harassed and threatened your way through the scene, and ended up on pretty much everyone's ignore lists. What you've been doing the last couple of years is pissing off most of the scene you long so much to be a part of, and it's really sad that you don't seem to understand it.

That is why people don't want to collaborate with you.

(oh, and if you actually AREN'T Paralax: My apologies. Next time, however, you might want to avoid: a) posting in Paralax's signature broken English, b) posting from an open proxy, c) posting about something that has always been very close to Paralax's heart and which he has often talked about. Just a tip.)
    SceneSat systems administrator / tech guru / sometime DJ