Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Nope, I don't feel like hearing this at all right now...
*hmmm* Well, I don't have to switch off, but I'm not raising the volume either...
Yes, this track fits my mood perfectly!
Current time: 2024-03-28 19:01
29 listeners from 12 countries.
alkor - Revelry [06:09]
|
Xerxes - ghosts [05:28] at 19:03:50
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New SceneSat.com now updated to v1.4

Even though these version changes might not be very obvious, we are constantly working to improve, enhance and expand the functionality of scenesat.com and the system surrounding the radio. Since we internally are using version numbering to keep track of the progression, we like to use that to communicate with you where we are up to. You can find the current version number at the lower corner of the logo on the website. The plan is to later put up a list of milestones explaining where we want to reach and when, when it comes to the functionality. Below is a list of some of the things that was included in v1.4.

• New graphical frame system for the layout which makes it possible to dynamically alter the width of the site without breaking up.
    • New liquid width setting by jumping into http://scenesat.com/mysettings when you are logged in, to be able to fill up the full screen width with the site. Do have a look there no matter what, since there are quite a few things on the site that can be tweaked with these settings.
    • No more IE6 compatibility. A warning sign is shown for the user who enters with IE6 and we do not care if the site works in it or not. Most stuff will still work, but there will be some things that can cause problems.
    • Trigger list cleanup, to keep the IRC triggers a bit more constructive.
    • More possibilities to interact with IRC from the site. This is currently implemented for basic admin functionality such as changing the topic and so on, but we're working on a fuller implementation to be able to interact with the site from IRC and vice versa.
    • Lots of backend related fixes to make administering the system a smoother ride for the staffers.
    • Various small fixes here and there...

Since the actual design update was quite extensive without being that noticeable, there might be some errors caused by this. Just make sure to clear the cache in your webbrowser to have all the latest versions of the files needed by the site to work properly. If you find something that looks/behaves odd even after that, please let us know and we'll look into it.

Also, if you have any feature suggestions/wishes, please tell us and we'll definitely look into the possibility to fulfill them.
    A SceneSat Radio DJ and staffer | AmigaRemix and Remix64 head honcho

Hope there are some 3D guys that can help to make the satellite (in space) not to reflect the room scenery (corner and upperlight) anymore.
    Just to make v1.5 perfect in everything. ))

Well, this is hardly a crucial function, but I agree that it has been disturbing me as well so I've just learned to ignore it. I'll put it on our todolist.

There is no place where one can suggest an improvement. Can a separate forum thread be useful?
    Ok, I'll put mine thought here.

How do you find a possibility to show in the track page if the playing track is a remake or original production?
    I guess not all (including me) can judge only by sound of it's originality. So, it can be more clear how one should rate it.

Anyway, it's just my thought. =)

Quote Originally Posted by MH View Post
    There is no place where one can suggest an improvement. Can a separate forum thread be useful?
    Ok, I'll put mine thought here.

How do you find a possibility to show in the track page if the playing track is a remake or original production?
    I guess not all (including me) can judge only by sound of it's originality. So, it can be more clear how one should rate it.

Anyway, it's just my thought. =)
    Not a bad comment at all and we have thought about that as well, but just not had the time to implement it. It's actually already possible to set such things in the database, but we're just lacking the frontend to edit it in as well as the time to actually add all that data.

Another pack for "participate area". I know a musician that fits this station greatly. Where and how can I suggest him? So, "suggest an musician" - is to make SceneSat stuff busy, "invite an musician" to make him busy if one knows his E@. Both require a pre-check function, index (contacted/ignored) and a page with clear terms/agreement page for a musician. An additional and separate "welcome musician" page can make good too.

Oh sh..... you may need an "invite a listener" function too!

Sorry, me again.

It would be nice when you press the binocular icon (Prepare the Google search field with this track) to include artist and track title in quotes for a better searching. I.E.: [ "Artist name" "track title"]. This would be a real preparation.

Try it on http://scenesat.com/track/890

with

[Pk When Time Stands Still]

and

["Pk" "When Time Stands Still"]

You will get the difference! =)

Sorry for the late reply but I actually fixed this ages ago, but forgot to publish the view to be updated on the main page. Anyhoo, this matter is resolved now.

The other things with invitations and stuff will be added in v2 of the site, that is in progress but doesn't have an ETA yet...

Quote Originally Posted by MH View Post
    Sorry, me again.

It would be nice when you press the binocular icon (Prepare the Google search field with this track) to include artist and track title in quotes for a better searching. I.E.: [ "Artist name" "track title"]. This would be a real preparation.

Try it on http://scenesat.com/track/890

with

[Pk When Time Stands Still]

and

["Pk" "When Time Stands Still"]

You will get the difference! =)

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by MH; 2013-12-27 at 14:34.

Lightbulb It's changing itself

Due to extending number of tracks I suggest replacing mood rating with 3 or 2 option vote, to define how track fits the SceneSat. You can like or dislike the track, but there are a great number of tracks already that turn this into a pop station and have no connection with demoscene.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast