Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Nope, I don't feel like hearing this at all right now...
*hmmm* Well, I don't have to switch off, but I'm not raising the volume either...
Yes, this track fits my mood perfectly!
Current time: 2024-03-19 12:25
36 listeners from 14 countries.
Paokala - Neutron Highway [05:17]
|

Disk I'm a "Junior" to scenesat... Question?

I'm labeled as a "junior" on this site, though I've been listening for a while now, and very much enjoy this site but why isn't there a download for some songs? And no location to even purchase them, such as the track "You Cee - Falling"?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by MrPacMan36 View Post
    I'm labeled as a "junior" on this site, though I've been listening for a while now, and very much enjoy this site but why isn't there a download for some songs? And no location to even purchase them, such as the track "You Cee - Falling"?

Thanks in advance
    Hi there!

Well, the reason why we don't have download links on all tracks is that we haven't gotten the authors explicit approval to do so. We will however add external download links etc to as many tracks as possible and we're working on that. The structure is in place, but the admin interface still needs to be fixed. ...and yes, the tracks (most of them, at least) ARE available for free download at various places on the web right now, but we still want the approval for the sake of fairness to the authors.

Hazel is the go-to guy for info about most of the tracks, though, so either pop into our chat and ask him or send him an email/message in here and he might be able to help you. Oh, and yes, we received your email yesterday but there was no time to respond before you posted here.

Regards, Ziphoid
    Last edited by Ziphoid; 2010-07-06 at 10:31.
    A SceneSat Radio DJ and staffer | AmigaRemix and Remix64 head honcho

Howdy,

Well.. About the artist You Cee..
    Then you can find his profile here : http://www.myownmusic.de/artistpage_...rtist_id=93652

But sadly it seems like this particular track has been removed.
    This is one of the unfortunately things about Netlabels/Music sites. The contents of an artist always changes so it gets harder to keep track of ALL the tracks on our rotation when older tracks gets removed from the original site.

But maybe there are other tracks on his page you like? Who knows..