Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Nope, I don't feel like hearing this at all right now...
*hmmm* Well, I don't have to switch off, but I'm not raising the volume either...
Yes, this track fits my mood perfectly!
Current time: 2024-03-28 19:40
27 listeners from 11 countries.
Area 51 - Stockholm's Natt [02:37]
|
Sadakkey - Secret Stage Boss [02:29] at 19:44:44

Smile Zomg four k? Double you tee ...

So, have you seen the 4k's from Breakpoint?

Yes? You have?

Weren't they freaking killer?

Wait, you haven't?

But... but... but they're 4k! They're so small you can download them in less than a minute over a 9600 baud connection! (I think. I haven't tried (: But I'm PRETTY sure you can, it's been a while since I used 9600 baud (: )

Ok sure they need Windows. That's a bad thing, but well, you can always borrow some computer from someone who hasn't seen the light and stopped using Windows. Like a gaming friend. They may even be shocked that some of the stuff is 4k, because, seriously, they've probably never seen anything 4k. Ever. Like, the textures on their GTA4 car are more than 4k.

And what about the 2nd place 1k? I mean, 1k! That's less than this message! (I think it is, I mean, I haven't finished typing it all yet.) And it has music! And... stuff!

Seriously. Go watch the 4k's then post your reactions here. "W007" or "I don't get it" or "uh what's a k?" or "I dislike small things because they scare me."

Ok the graphic for this topic is 1.1k, that's larger than the 2nd place winner at breakpoint.

I'm always blown away by the 4k compos. I have absolutely no idea how they're possible. I can get little more than 'Hello World' in that space in any language.

Part of it is the compressors, which ... well there are special 4k compressors.

But a lot of it is just ...

well, here's a 4k javascript game (:

(p01 is an old atari scener.)

http://www.3dtomb2.com/about.php