Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Nope, I don't feel like hearing this at all right now...
*hmmm* Well, I don't have to switch off, but I'm not raising the volume either...
Yes, this track fits my mood perfectly!
Current time: 2024-03-28 14:50
38 listeners from 14 countries.
daXX & gibs - RSI Megademo - Loader [03:35]
|
gibs - The Last Sun 2010 "Official Remix" [03:39] at 14:51:42
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The show was exellent performed.. I can't emagine what the future might bring this glorious project. I simply gotta have this show on my hard drive so that I can always listen to the first show from scenesat

Thanks John we luv ya
    Trance Producer @ SceneSat

Just a quick question: i seem to remember that all the tunes from the launch event would be downloadable on march 1st. But i can't find this info anymore on the site. Instead, i noticed that the show can be downloaded allready. Is this the show with or without the commentary? There were some great tunes in there so i'd love to give this another listen but preferable without commentary.

I seem to hear a lot of newschool tunes (a lot of trance dance inspired stuff) on scenesat. So i was wondering: what is the main purpose of scenesat? I suppose it will never play oldschool stuff like for example old amiga tunes? I'm just wondering as i seem to have difficulty in placing scenesat.

Wicked !!

Thanks everyone for making that excellent show !
    Thank you John and the rest of the staff for letting me be a part of this
    If I could contribute some more I would but my skills are limited to making
    mayhem and general destruction with my guitar.

Great to see so many people tuning in and drop by for a chat in the IRC channel.
    Bye for now but we'll probably see more of each other in the future.

Ps. Thanks to Sir Garbagetruck for nagging me about demos and showing
    some really awesome demos at that, gave me a BIG boost in the
    motivation department. Ds.

Quote Originally Posted by z5 View Post
    Just a quick question: i seem to remember that all the tunes from the launch event would be downloadable on march 1st. But i can't find this info anymore on the site. Instead, i noticed that the show can be downloaded allready. Is this the show with or without the commentary? There were some great tunes in there so i'd love to give this another listen but preferable without commentary.

I seem to hear a lot of newschool tunes (a lot of trance dance inspired stuff) on scenesat. So i was wondering: what is the main purpose of scenesat? I suppose it will never play oldschool stuff like for example old amiga tunes? I'm just wondering as i seem to have difficulty in placing scenesat.
    Hey z5. Yes, the full compilation will be available for download without our yapping on March 1st.

The reason why you ONLY heard new tracks on the opening show was the simple fact that we asked the artist to help out and they did. I mean, how often do you get to hear 55 new, exclusive, never before heard tracks in one show? Not often, that's for sure. We will of course play new stuff AND the good old 0ldsk00l tracks as well. Heck, I'm an old Amiga scener myself and I love the old stuff as well as the new, which most of us do, so in short - yes, there'll be more oldskool tracks played, but also a lot of the new.

To explain what we're all about would take some time, so I'll leave that for a bit laters, since I have to go to bed now.

// Ziph

Looking forward to the compilation!!

Anyhow, keep up the great work. It will be interesting to see how scenesat will evolve in the future.

Hey Z5 (:

I suppose from my perspective, scenesat is going to evolve and become something different; and that will be dictated a bit by what we all put into it.

But _my_ main concern right now is getting rid of the whole 'scene music as a genre' label that some folks have. Some folks equate 'scene music' with 'dance music' or 'eurotrance' or the like, and as you know, it's not.

Yeah we have a LOT of dance music. And a lot of good dance music. But is that the ONLY thing we want? heck no.

Of course, I'm somewhat known (now, you'll remember when I was VIOLENTLY anti-dune, what a butthead I was then) for liking some _extremely_ odd stuff. Elvis Egan Indian (: Altemark's "Property is Theft." Dune's 'Nang.' Stuff 'Crud' did before quitting due to bad comments (something I'd like to be SURE we don't encourage. Negativity kills creativity (if allowed to breed.) )

So yeah, what ARE we trying to do? Show the music of the ENTIRE scene. And as such, we'll have some popular shows, which will end up with 'dance' music sometimes, and 'favorites.' And then there will be some shows which show the breadth of the demoscene. And ... well, I'm open for suggestions as to how to show the _demoscene_ more effectively.

One thing (and some folks will be somewhat upset by this) that may actually be concerning here for some folks is the 'c64 remixy' part of the site. Yes, we have a lot of c64 remixers involved. That's cuz we're friends - but they ALSO do other things. Including scenemusic. But we want to show much more than just c64 remixes (and Amiga remixes - heck, I'd love to hear some remixes of some Atari tracks, like 'Akira vs Sangoku' by Jess) or some of the Russian Speccy stuff that ElfH has played - actually those originals are great, but it's difficult to broadcast a LOAD of them because of the issue of '8 bit YM sounds very harsh' (sid sounds harsh to those not used to it, apparently. I wouldn't know (: )

But even MORE than that, I'd like to see a load more ORIGINAL compositions. I mean, that's the stuff of legends there (:

We'll also show scene musicians in their other projects that they'd like to promote as well. I do believe PS has promised beers at any party to any radio that plays tracks from Enough Records. Well, I was gonna do that BEFORE the beer offer anyway (: Note that I said 'that they'd like to promote' - we're gonna work WITH folks, asking, and so on. If someone doesn't want something promoted for whatever reason - we're not gonna go against their wishes.

So yes. The idea is to remain scene CENTRIC, but absolutely NOT to duplicate any other radios out there like Nectarine or Bitjam. Instead, we want to promote the scene, encourage people's participation, and create a community where folks can, if wished, find support for their demo related projects (and other creative endeavors if they're not directly related to the scene, such as if someone were to, for example, make needlepoint jackets from demoscene pictures.)

Right now, we're excited (and that shows a bit in our responses) - but we are going to need feedback to make this happen. So. Feedback time! (: (Course it's ALWAYS feedback time.)

Default cue sheet?

Say, we had a discussion about cue sheets... and I seem to recall something about 'automatically making one' tho I may have been out of it due to the flu.

Is there a cuesheet generator thingie?

Cuz, I would like one for use with rockbox.

Not yet. I still have to format the output. I'm on it, though.
    A SceneSat Radio DJ and staffer | AmigaRemix and Remix64 head honcho

couldn't join the live show had to travel to different city (jobwise), but i want to congratulate on the successfull liftoff! hope to see and speak to you all soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Garbagetruck View Post
    Elvis Egan Indian (:
    Lizardking's Elvis Egen Indian is actually one of my favorite Lizardking tracks, because I have such great memories from a demoparty where that was played constantly for three days (well, that and daxx's 95 raver's megamix..).
    SceneSat systems administrator / tech guru / sometime DJ

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast