Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Current time: 2024-03-19 08:53
28 listeners from 14 countries.
SyTeQ - Misty Morning [04:48]
|
The Hooligan - Alpha Trance [04:16] at 08:57:20
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Hi guys,

I became a scener in a early 90s as a member of c64 group called Keen Acid, formed by friend of mine Jacek alias Groove, who was before a member of Taboo (as graphician). The same Jacek who is a member of our music project; Spacelab, but recently its activity seems to be suspended . Later I joined the c64 group Agony as a musician and I'm still in that group to these days. A fruit of my scene activity is directory in HVSC, which I frankly advise You to avoid

Cheers,
    moog aka Sebastian Bachlinski

Hi all,

I'm Juhana in real life, Juhgu in IRC and nowadays I do some music under the name Byproduct.

Sometime back in junior high, I thought I'll just quickly give Fast Tracker II a try, but it was way too much fun to quit, and I've been making music ever since. I haven't been active in the demoscene, I just love the demos and the music. There's no better sound than a crunchy c64 bassline.

I found about Scenesat through amigaremix.com. Heard some awesome tunes, got informed of this event called BIT live, went to see it, heard some more awesome music and got convinced that I want to keep an eye (or ear) out for what the geeks in Sweden and other nordic countries are up to these days. So here I am.

My music can be found at http://byproduct.koshiyoka.com/ . I also do live gigs every now and then.
    Last edited by Byproduct; 2009-02-11 at 09:10.

Hello friends, to the people who know me, well u know me already, to the people who dont well....my name is subzero as you can see, I've only been on the scene since 2003 after attending my first bitlive, however i've been around since 1970. I run my own little podcasts site at www.c64podcasts.co.uk and I've had my finger in a few other pies going around.

Hiya!

I'm Oscar Andersson a.k.a Andersson, the annoying teen with no imagination.
    I don't know squat about the scene or the c64 or whatsitcalled, but the music's got me hooked.
    I've done some music since the beginning of '08 but i still suck

Live Free and Die Hard or whatever

Hi there

Brigane is the name. I'm 24 years old, recently produced two tracks for the scenesat radio. Rainbow Colours, and Scenesat Trance Anthem.

Music production environment: Renoise 2.0.0

Favorite headphones: Senheiser HD 280

Favorite sample cds: Vengeance Essential Clubsounds Vol. 1,2,3

Favorite VST instruments/plugins: Sylenth1, Vanguard, Nexus, Zebra2, z3ta+, T-Racks and so on

Favorite music artists: Daniel Kandi, Armin Van Buuren, Paul Miller, Above and Beyond, Ferry Corsten, Push (just to name a few)

Future plans: I wanna get to know a lot of people behind the scene, produce some more tracks for the radio shows, and help with the expansion of the scene as much as I possibly can.

"we are in it to live it"
    Trance Producer @ SceneSat

'Ello

Mordi is the name, chosen because of poor imagination.
    18 years old, so don't have a lotta knowledge about the C64 or Amiga, but I find them interesting anyhoo. Nice blip blops. Used to play the Amiga a lot when I was a wee lad.
    Been fiddling with FL Studio since around the beginning of 2008 some time.

--> mordi.ziphoid.com <--

I get a slight Deja Vu feeling writing this introduction about myself, mostly because I spent half an hour yesterday evening doing exactly that. Gee, was I surprised when I this morning, found out that everything I typed was lost in cyberspace. How come? Well, as the absent-minded person I am, I hit the preview button, reviewed the text and for some reason did not press save. So here we go again...

My name is Björn, but I am known as WhiteDwarf at #scenesat IRC channel. I am of normal height, so please don't picture myself as neither dwarf or particulary white. Sure, I don't get that nicelooking tan during summers, possibly a bunch of freckles and red skin, but I am not, I repeat, NOT, an albino ;9 Believe I got the name from a RPG/board game magazine.

I live in Örebro, Sweden together with my lovely girlfriend, our foodloving jack russel terrier, and our 2 months old baby. What do I work with? Computers ofcourse I work at a nordic IT company and have recently been working with VMware, but is now changing focus back to Windows (or according to some, Winblows)

My interests are: My family, music, computers, photography, friends etc.

Being a newly become father, I spend most of time with my family, but every now and then I join #scenesat to terrorize ppl, and occasionaly I also have the time to play around in renoise, which is a new area for me. Sure, I have been playing around in trackers on both C64 and Amiga, but mark the word, PLAYING I am now determined to produce a remix that is good enough to be released on amiga remix or remix.kwed.org, the current idea is to create a medley of a couple of amiga demo songs, but I am not entirely sure if I will do a medley or a remix of just one song, there is a slight risk that creating a medley might take away the focus of the individual songs I want to honour =)

Computers and video games have been an important part for all of my life. My first computer was a C64 (the old model). At first, it was the games that were drawing my attention, but it escalated to programming and being involved in the demo scene, on both the C64 and on the Amiga. I would consider me have being active in the demo scene from late 80's to mid 90's, even though I myself haven't produced anything worth remembering in terms of coding, gfx or music. I have tried all areas, but not excelled in any of these, so I did a little bit of everything. On the amiga i was the founder of the not so known demo groups Ancient Design (we released one intro, btw. there was some other group with the same name, but they went active much later, we were the original Think I did some gfx for that intro. Later on I started the group Fantasy (not to be confused with the US cracking group, this time we were the one's not paying attention to that there already was a group with that name). Fantasy release an intro/demo called Fanta (http://morbidstinger.blogspot.com/2008/11/fanta.html), coded by my friend Morbid/Death Defiers, but as our group lacked skilled coders, all of the musicians joined up with Equinox (creators of the European Top 20 chart mag).

I have been to a bunch of demo parties (Anarchy Eastern Conference, The Party, The Gathering, and some local ones), so there's a chance you might have seen me there, or perhaps received a some demos or games from me during my swapping era

Now and then I start up WinUAE and watch old demos, or some video game emulator to play a classic game. I have really never left the scene, I've just been passive, but thanks to #scenesat it feels like I've become an active scener again =)

Take care all #scenesat'ers, looking forward to know you better =)
    Last edited by WhiteDwarf; 2009-02-12 at 11:08.

Thumbs up

Hi folks.
    Well... hmm... nah.. I can't say I am part of the scene, even though I really like the most about it.

But to be honest, I did try a few years ago (read it it like is says ages) ago as a musician for a small amiga group me and a selected few of my friends started. It all ended up with one demo, that was never released. (with good cause I guess)

When it comes to nicks.... I have used several during the years, but without any that stuck for real... (Groo, Moongoose, Psy, Psyche, Khorn, Psygoth and more...)
    But from now on I guess Arv will be just fine.

I try now and then to cheat here and there to compose something. But everything I do ends up half finished at best and therefore I perfere to download scene music instead of uploading.

Anyway... nice being here... cya around
    'How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck would chuck wood?'

arv: wait I thought we voted on 'Flowerpants' ?

I didn't vote but I swear that Noir said that was your nick now.

Ohh... i can't remember... Must be all the booze I had before I drove home.
    Flower pants?? Like I had jeans with flowers on?? If there are no pictures, there are no proof.. Flower pants... *tsssk* There are no pictures??? right?? on me... not a single one... I deny everything...
    Lucky me there were no web cam recording it... sending it out on the web!!
    'How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck would chuck wood?'

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast