Welcome to SceneSat - the place that connects the many musical aspects of the demoscene to the rest of the world.

Current time: 2024-03-19 09:03
29 listeners from 14 countries.
The Hooligan - Alpha Trance [04:16]
|
Traymuss - Tales of the Future [05:04] at 09:05:18
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Introduce yourself!

In this thread you can introduce yourself to the other people hanging around here. Nothing mandatory, just optional, since it's nice to get to know the people on the site a bit more.

It can be your background, future plans, how you found us, what you do and so on and so forth, so just go ahead.

For starters, I'm John a.k.a Ziphoid. I've been a scener since the mid-80's in groups like Triumph 2001, Active, Razor 1911 and Musicline. I've always been interested in demo parties, music and everything surrounding the scene and still is, now probably more than ever.

IRL, I work as an IT-consultant so I'm always surrounded by computers like the nerd I am.

So, feel free to tell us who YOU are.

Oh, and btw, my nickname Ziphoid is NOT grabbed in any relation to Zaphod Beeblebrox from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's simply a name I grabbed via randomizing 10 words from the Concise English Dictionary and picking the best sounding one. The ACTUAL version of it would've been Xiphoid, since that was the word that initially popped up, but I felt Ziphoid had a smoother tone to it. So, there.
    Last edited by Ziphoid; 2009-02-10 at 09:36.

Default Introduction

Hello my name is Peter W...

I grew up with the C64 and eventually got hooked on the music that could be heard in the many cool games. It wasn't until the Amiga came out that I was introduced to the demoscene and all the wonders that came with it. And it was then at the age of 13 that I started tracking. From there to the pc, fasttracker 2 and hanging in the #trax channel. 25 years later and i'm still tracking (i'm a renoise user). in 2007 I started releasing my first tracks (remixes) on RKO and now in 2009 i'm creating my own scenemusic.

Hello. I am Sir Garbagetruck. I wear a towel. When you see a guy at a demoparty wearing a towel, generally talking about something or anything, with a hat with loads of scene party stickers on it, that would be me.

Come say hi. Also, you might want to remind me who you are, because... I forget sometimes. Or other times I do things like "Firefox is here?!?!?" not knowing.

I've been involved in the demoscene for a while now, from early groups which never did much like SCAR, Chaotix Order, Twilight (not any of the Twilights that released stuff,) and groups which have like LSD, Danish Gold, Madwizards, 5711, UKScene Allstars and Accession. (Yes, at least 2 of those groups have defined membership as "if you have the T-shirt you're a member." The demoscene breaks rules so we can make them.)

I like demos. I like the demoscene more (:

You can generally ask me anything about the scene, and I'll give you my opinion on it. Heck, you can ask me anything and I'll generally give you my opinion. This is more of a warning than helpful.

My name is Brian, 35 years of age and from Denmark.
    I started coding assembler on the C64 back in the mid-80's but eventually moved on to the Amiga... I never got around to coding on the Amiga though.

The scene has always been interesting, and as Sir Garbagetruck said in the launch show, the scene has moved on. It's not what it was 25 years ago, and I think it's a good thing.
    I've not been a part of the scene for many years, and I probably won't release anything (I usually say that I will, but, knowing myself, there will always be something else I need to do before finishing any music, hehe).

I found out about Scenesat a long time ago... at the very beginning, and I've been bugging Ziphoid about this website for just as long.
    Now it's here and I am happy.

Regards,
    Brian, aka Calador
    -- Nunc ille est magicus --

PS: Bring me some more robots!

My name is Edwin aka The Beast of The Subversive Elements

Being around the C64 from the mid 80's,kinda playing with music with my Bro A0D also starting in the mid 80's,making demos having fun etc.....
    Started on the Amiga with soundtracker and some midi stuff (akai s1000 ,korg wavestation)

All got famous when Tron (Erwin) started working together with us (the Subversive Elements) we did some shows and made some remixes etc..

At the moment building my dream ,a old school musicstudio ,complete analog and midi based,even building my own monitor speakers......

When there's interressed I can put some pictures on the progress.....maybe get some feedback on how to build and connect things....

Ok here goes... I go by the nick Waxhead and my real name is Svein (sounds like swine in english... quite appropriate I have to admit).
    My first computer was a C64 and after some time I moved to Amiga who was exposed to numerous hacks and upgrades. It was not until 2k I made the swap to a heater (read:std pc). For the Amiga I started with Amos, moved to AmigaE and some 68K assembly at the end. I coded a few minor tools but the only notable thing I did was write a ProTracker clone called AdeptTracker who used the AmigaOS2.0 system GUI instead of the more common custom GUI's around. (can be found by googling "AdeptTracker Aminet") for those of you who are interested.
    We also made a few "demos" released at TG97 (13th and 15th place).
    My skills are coding, music, 3dgfx, 2dgfx and just about a little bit of everything you can think of.
    As for the more recent years the more notable stuff I have done is a utility called DriveGLEAM who is a software based hard disk indicator LED thing + CPU & MEM usage etc...
    Other projects I am involed in are the www.6581-8580.com (SOASC=) and www.paula8364.com (SOAMC=) projects. I manage the server + write the code that runs the database. Due to various reasons our server is on very limited bandwidth at the moment (hint hint).

Ok that's it... I'm done advertising now

Default Not to be confused with..

I first became enthralled with the demo-scene after a friend in high school introduced me to a Future Crew Demo and subsequently the scream-tracker and the now retired www.hornet.org. I seen became familiar with fast tracker and Elwood who really inspired me the most to start on my journey of music making with computers.

I found that trackers where cumbersome at first and then happened upon Buzz Modular Studio in its infancy and became hooked! For some reason the whole thing clicked with me right away and I began to experiment. This was around late 98 I believe. I didn't feel confident enough to release anything tell around 2004 or 5. Things are such a haze when your having fun! Right? Anyways I started to release and remix tracks with the crew over at buzzmusic.org now known as http://www.buzzmusic.org.ua. They had some server issues and I've lost most of my early stuff but I still go there sometimes. I moved on to TIS when it was restarted and now I'm looking for a new home due to the sense that nothing is being accomplished there anymore. Very sad to see.

I've never been involved with the demo scene actively and only participated in a few Novus Compo's. I try to keep an open mind about music and take criticism in stride. I most of all just love to write music and have fun.

To all those about to Track I salute you!

I want to clarify that I've had Zaphoid as a internet handle for quite a number of years and didn't even know that Ziphoid existed on the demoscene. I actually did take it from "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" due to the fact Douglas Adams is one of my favorite obsessions. I simply took Zaphod's name and added an i. Well yes not the most clever thing I know but hey it works!

My nick is usually Trace but I changed it to powertrace when I started to do more upbeat c64 remixes :P
    I have no relation to demopartys since I have never been to any of those.

I first started with the c64 makeing some music in Ubiks Music then got an amiga and got found noisetracker and finaly protracker and did 4 music disks that never got released, maybe I was to lazy :P
    Then I bought a pc and did some tracks on fasttracker, buzz, axs and finaly on Reason, recently started to do some stuff in ableton live.

I did "the way of the exploding fist" remix and got some friends and got introduced to rko, remix64, slayradio and so on and now I am very happy to be a part of all this this and hopefully one day I will get my ass to a demoparty and get even more friends.

Recently I have put up a website with some of my old and new stuff.

My nick was Dimmignatt but I kinda shortened it to Dimmi since everyone called me that or, well a bunch of other names in that direction.I've had as much nicks in my past as you have socks in your drawers . Ola is my real name and I was born in ´82.
    My father brought home the lovley breadbin in ´84 when I was about 2˝ years old and I've been hooked ever since. Never did any music on it and the answer would be my age and I was honestly having to much fun playing all the f''tastic games. Though I've allways appreciated the music. I could reload games over and over just to hear the Ocean Loader tracks again and again.

My first introduction to trackers was around ´92 when Floaf introduced me to
    Pro Tracker on his awesome Amiga 500 (Upgraded to infinity and beyond).
    It was also Floaf that introduced me to the demoscene. Groups like
    Kefrens, Fairlight and others. Never acutally got in to the whole process
    just admiring the people that did them.
    Got hold of my own tracker when my dad brought home a 386, I think it was
    scream tracker but I got hold of FT2 pretty soon after that and hassled around with
    it. Though the first sensible and listenable thing that came from me probably was
    with X-formZ (Floaf and me started this project to make some remixes our way).
    Me being a metalhead and Floaf a trance/eurodance kind of guy this makes
    somewhat interesting remixes from time to time.
    Though I've had several bands in the past, some tracks I have, if someone wants to listen
    just pm me or something.

Shit!! This is really turning in to a novel. (Focus)
    I was currently re-introduced to the demoscene by Sir GarbageTruck and I will probably
    try to do some music for the scene and if they don't want it maybe I can ask Ziphoid to play them on SceneSat

Keep the scene alive and breathing and contribute in your own way.

Best Wishes Dimmi

Hi there,

I'm Noir. I'm not really into the Scene. I stumbled across SLAY Radio coz a friend pointed it out to me. I kinda liked the music and the people there who were different in a way. I hung around for a couple of years and then Ziphoid started his own radiostation that does more than C64 music. So I hang around there too.

As a lot of you already know I'm into photography in a big way. I've developed my own style and try to become better at it.

Well, that's a about it, I think.
    See you guys around!

Noir

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast